Mark Field

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Mark Field

Post by Bill Bentley » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:50 pm

Mark Field has had to apologize for ‚mishandling‘ a young woman protester who, as part of a large scale Green Peace, save the planet, action, had tricked their way into a private function in the Mansion House.
What a disgusting situation.
Where is our understanding of right and wrong ?

Mark Field was the only one, in the room of some 300, who got up off his arse and took the necessary decisive action and I salute you sir!
This woman could so easily have been an assassin, there were any number of ‚important people‘ attending.

Bugger Boris and choosing Jeremy Hunt, because there is now no other alternative, is hardly going to solve our many problems.

We need people like Mark Field to get up and do what is right and just and not crawl on our bellies to all of the pathetic ‚politically correct‘ campaigners. (Just look at the idiots demanding that he be sacked and Mrs May, what if it had been an assassination attack, then you have been calling him a hero, you two faced specimen).

Notwithstanding all of that, I, in principle at least, fully agree that equally brutal action must be taken if we are to leave our successor’s a planet upon which they can live in comfort. The trouble is, the numbers just do not add up.

The UK produces between ONE & TWO % of the worlds total Greenhouse Gasses. If we could reduce our total emission to zero, it would not make a spot of difference, we humans are ruining our own environment.

Like the dairy farmer said „ you can milk a cow then eat it, but you can’t eat a cow then milk it“ we have clearly got the cart before the horse and we are feeding upon the holy cow :shock: .

Ask yourself: are you willing to stop using all imported goods (air and sea transport are critical ghg contributors), stop flying on holidays and going on ship’s cruises etc., accept a 50 mph speed limit, go without cooling (air-con., fridge’s and freezers etc..) and all but essential heating ?

Are you willing to actively prevent future wars and demand the cessation of all on-going wars ?

If so, and if all of your enemies and competitors would do the same, then and only then … there might be a chance; but that’s not going to happen is it !

So, rather get someone like Mark Field up front, someone who will take the action necessary to get us back on top of this heap of crap we call humanity. Yup, shit stinks at the top of the heap, but suffocating in the middle of the heap ain’t going to be much fun either.

We Brits, once rulers of the (so called) civilized world, along with Europe are sinking in our own ‚politically correct‘ crap whilst others are taking bold steps to remove us from our pastures green.

Service Details: Jan 75 -- Aug 87 Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne NI Catterick

Re: Mark Field

Post by 27 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:14 pm

Bill.

With your reference to driving at 50 mph during road works on the M 4 recently they reduced the speed to 50 they have now made it permanent on certain stretches of the motorway to cut co 2 emissions. :x :x :x

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?

Arnie
Service Details: 14/20H, 1959-1962 Hohne, Munchen Gladbach, 1962-1964 Benghazi, Cyprus and Tripoli. 1965-1967 7 Armd Bde Soltau.
Tranferred into Int Corps. 1967-1970 NI, 1970-1971 Singapore, 1971-1972 HK,1972-1974 NI, 1974-1976 NITAT(UK), 1976-1979 Berlin, 1979-1981 Preston. 1981 Retired

Post by Arnie » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:45 pm

27, and Bill, we will be all riding bikes and lorries will be replaced by the old butchers bikes (David Jason and "Open all Hours") if somebody does does not stand up to these PC TWATS!!!

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:14 pm

Tony,

perhaps you remember the fuel crisis back in the 1970's, then there was a 50mph general speed limit. It hardly made any difference to driving times and you consumed about half of the fuel compared to when you drove at the limit; this could save a heap of CO2 production today. It's all a question of being responsible about what one does. As a side effect they realised then that there were also fewer traffic jams and less accidents and when there were accidents they were less severe. This has the benefit of less people being killed and crippled. This alleviates the demand on the NHS, the social services and even the pension payments, which of course is a benefit to every tax payer. Even the police and fire brigades are less in demand and so can better serve the community elsewhere.

It's easy talking, I spent a couple of years racing around at work, doing about 365,000 km per year, hardly ever going less than 200 kph on the Autobahn's, back in the '90's we were less aware than we are today.

I well know that dear old Arnie won't like it but 'climate change is for real' as I sit and write, waiting for things to cool down outside before taking the dogs for a walk, here in Germany we are breaking records for heat and drought and when it rains it brings destructive storms. I try to do my bit by picking up litter as I wander around the fields and forests and along the river banks. Of course the scumbags will never let me actually clean a route before they again filth up some beauty spot with their litter, especially the smokers, ruthless reckless scumbags. The authorities are not much better never emptying the few rubbish bins, so that wild animals and scumbags can re-spread the litter over and over again ... and they want to clean up the oceans from plastic ... are they all idiots ????? :evil: :evil:

I shall leave it at that for now before everyone (else) thinks that I am the nutcase :shock: :shock:.

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Post by PINKY » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:49 pm

Howdy,
I see the greens have stopped saying 'global warming' they now use 'climate change'. Stats recently proved the planet dropped its temp ever so slightly over the last few years, therefore I prefer to call it 'NATURE'.
Each to there own eh!
ATB
Pinky

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 am

Pinky,

there's always going to be a problem when you only see half of the picture.

In terms of natural cycles our planet is actually still entering a mini ice age. There have been many, since the great ice age, most notably the one that caused the fall of the Roman Empire. So it's hardly surprising that things should be cooling down, but by and large they are not, they are unquestionably, beyond the natural cycles of the planet, warming up ! When the planet starts to 'recover' from the mini ice age it will be far too late to do anything to save our (so called) civilization from the then exploding heat waves.

Not sure why you or I should be overly bothered, we old farts will be rotting in our graves by then, unless of course you have children and gand-children, then it might be of some interest to those who care.

Do you remember your first car ? Having to free the windshield, every hundred miles or so, from dead insects ? The Krefeld study effectively proves that in just the last 27 years 75% of all biomasse - insects, have disappeared. Not just because of Green House Gasses, ghg's, but because of all of the pesticides, fungicides, herbicides and chemical fertilizers used to produce crops to feed the human population. That explains the change in the use of terminology - Global Warming is only a part of the Climate Change problems.
And of course we are consuming these 'cides = poisons ourselves. Now I wonder why there is so much cancer and so many new allergies in the populations ?

The simple truth is that there are too many human beings for this planet to sustain !

WE can either wait for the natural disaster that's just around the corner ...
We can have a hum-dinger of a World War ...
Or we can take concrete steps to reduce the world's population by other means:
i.e.
A world wide child birth limit of 2 kids per family.
Ban all forms of artificial insemination and operations on un-born babies.
Stop all organ transplants.
Allow people who can not live without constant aid to die.
Allow those who want to commit suicide to be successful.
Bring back capital punishment for evil doers when there is no doubt as to their guilt.

With the exception of capital punishment, none of these measures actually kills anybody, it just allows nature to take its course, but in a single generation it would reduce the worlds population by many, many millions. All of those still alive would have cleaner air to breathe, cleaner water to drink, better food to eat, more chance of a job, more chance of suitable housing, better medical care and emergency support etc,. etc., etc..

Yes, yes it's horrible, but if anybody thinks that a World War or dying of thirst, hunger or disease is fun ... just carry on ...

PINKY

Post by PINKY » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:06 pm

like you said, we'll be dead.

Arnie
Service Details: 14/20H, 1959-1962 Hohne, Munchen Gladbach, 1962-1964 Benghazi, Cyprus and Tripoli. 1965-1967 7 Armd Bde Soltau.
Tranferred into Int Corps. 1967-1970 NI, 1970-1971 Singapore, 1971-1972 HK,1972-1974 NI, 1974-1976 NITAT(UK), 1976-1979 Berlin, 1979-1981 Preston. 1981 Retired

Post by Arnie » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:38 am

Dare I say it! Our children and Grandchildren will have much more to worry about. One way to reduce the population is exactly as you say, practical old Bill(?) One problem with that is that, sorry to say, the Civilised World is being out-bred by the Muslims, so our children will have Sharia to contend with. So unless they want, or have to, live under Sharia Law they will have to take them on. That should reduce the population somewhat.
Yes we are making the planet a shithole but it has nothing to do with "Climate Change". That is just a scam to engender more revenue for the Global Elite (anyone following the news about Al Gore's lavish lifestyle and how he is not living like the rest of us, with frugal use of energy). You struck it in your last submission Bill about plastics and chemicals and I agree with you.
Could go on for hours but will leave it at that. Incidentally, I do try to see most of the picture, being retired I can spend some time at it.

(Old) Arnie

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:29 pm

Pinky,

you are of course 100% right, we shall be dead by then.

So I suppose my only remaining argument must be: "is it not how and why you die that matters" ?

I should hate to die just because I ate any old apple and got the poison one because I didn't know the difference.
I should rather die with my sword in hand, fighting the good fight, than giving in to THEM.
Hyde Park Corner is a bit far away, otherwise I would be a regular visitor and performer.
We all have to make do with that what is available to us, so, as long as I get a contender I'll keep preaching here on Noah's ARC, because that was the story of a man who, once upon a time, saved Mother Nature's amazing diversity :idea: .

Arnie,

always good to get your input even when I know for sure I'll take a verbal beating. Your in depth knowledge always impresses me and as ever, like Pinky, you are 100% right. If there is a force that can ensure the end of our, so called, civilized world, it is surely religion.

I was brought up to be a good Christian, but found that I was all but alone in the church, there were lots of people there, all hoping to be forgiven for their evil doings and the priests were amongst the worst, as a kid I was still innocent and in that sense 'alone'.
The Christians (Catholic's) still don't even allow the free use of condoms = more unwanted children = more depressed women = more drunken men.
It was the Christian church, in all its many forms, that kept the masses uneducated for hundreds of years and abused their dumb followers in every imaginable way.
Perhaps we could all become Jew's, but what kind of religion is it that circumcises innocent children ? no thanks !
Hindu's are nice people but so crazy that they would rather starve than eat a nice beef steak, there's nout so queer as folk !
Buddhism has some interesting aspects, but it seems that their 'perfect life' is to sit around in a trance and survive on donations !
So perhaps being under the Moslem cloak for a while would do us all a bit of good, can it be worse than Christianity ?
Except that I like my beer and bacon butties too much !

Me, I'll remain an atheist, believing in the almighty power of Mother Nature, the only problem is: ALL religions are bound by a common hate = the non-believer; so it looks like I have drawn the short straw ... until Mother Nature proves me right :lol:.

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:08 am

How sad, it rather looks like Noahs ARC is sinking, that is to say that following my last entry "We all have to make do with that what is available to us, so, as long as I get a contender I'll keep preaching here on Noah's ARC," nobody has bothered to reply, which means that I have no contender and so perhaps I should consider Hyde Park Corner after all :cry: .

Arnie, you wrote: "practical old Bill(?)" were you asking after my age or questioning my practical ability ? Like you I am a pensioner and so (after giving up our self-sufficiency lifestyle) I have time enough on hand to amuse myself in many ways. As for being practical, I have fathered children, designed and built a house and planted many trees. Since leaving the army I have owned and operated several businesses at home and abroad, so I think that I am fairly practical.
All of that said, I learned as a kid that pissing against a North Wind was not the cleverest thing to do ...
Talking to myself would also only confirm the suspicions of many: that I am raving bonkers anyway, so I shall give up on that.
Most of you have my private e-mail address and I shall be delighted to remain in contact by that means, but I ain't dancing on the table so that hundreds of people can amuse themselves without getting involved.

Either Noha's ARC is an active community or we are all too old to bother bailing out the sinking ship upon which each depend.

PINKY

Post by PINKY » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:45 pm

We would be deafened by your silence, please continue…...

john kerwin
Service Details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Post by john kerwin » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:05 pm

Bill,
I always look forward to your posts. Not that I always agree with them.
But knocking a glass of wine over this bloody electrical thing,( fancy computers not liking a glass of good french plonk ) I was off line for a while. And to make things worse, with this new one it still can't spell.
Don't know what its like in the part of the world you are in. But here in Lancashire, more and more ex service veterans are to be found begging and sleeping on the streets. What or Where is this land fit for HEROES it he sure ain't here.
But all the powers seem to do is lock them and forget them, or give them a train ticket to some other place. and wash there hands of the poor sods :evil: :evil: