knife's edge

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

knife's edge

Post by Bill Bentley » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:38 am

It rather looks as if we are sitting on a knife's edge, regarding Brexit.

Has everyone lost interest ? It is probably the most important event in our life's time and it's certainly going to affect the lives of our kids and theirs.

I voted against joining the EEC, which turned into the EU without anyone really noticing, so it's only logical that I was pro Brexit, even though I have lived in Europe for almost 30 years. I do not see what the problem is with having to show your passport when entering or leaving another country or applying for a work permit if you want to stay there. It would certainly make the free movement of criminals and terrorists a little harder and stop thousands of professional beggars moving to where the benefits are best.

And, yes, it is about regaining control of our own jurisdiction. The final say must be under our control ! Of course we shall have to accept EU law regarding things that we sell to them, or in joint ventures, that's also only logical. The border in Ireland is a tricky issue and I don't claim to understand it or offer a solution. Neither does anybody else it seems, except Mrs May. She is the only person to have come up with any kind of agreement that has any chance of working.

Boris, Moggy and others are unfortunately just tearing away at what they didn't have the balls to take on in the first place. Boris could have stood against Mrs May to become our nations leader when Cameron threw in the towel, but he also chickened out ! Is that the kind of person that we want as a future leader ?

Mrs May has worked tirelessly, fighting a battle with all odds against her and she is still trying ! She alone is appealing to the peoples of our nation to support her and her plan. The others are all just maneuvering for their own positions in the future, waiting, like vultures for Mrs May to fail, regardless of what it will cost us the people and our nation's ever dwindling position in the world.

It's hard to find old fashioned qualities these days, but memory tells me that we English never kick a dog when it's down and always claimed to play games on a level playing field and usually supported the underdog, is that still true ?

I simply do not know if Mrs May's Brexit will be good for us and our children, but it is the only offer on the table, so it's take it or leave it, as I see it !

I do not fear a hard Brexit on WTO rules, it will not really hurt us, but it could destroy the remains of the EU and they will not forgive us easily thereafter. I do however fear what will happen after Mrs May, which of those toe rags that let our nation get into this position in the first place will rise, like the pus in a spot, to further contaminate and decay our once leading role in the world ?

It's your call guys and gals, this is a moment of real democracy, will you support Mrs May and demand of your local Minister that he/she does your bidding ? Or will you just sit around and see what happens ?

Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Re: knife's edge

Post by Bob_H » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:56 am

I voted to Remain !

Probably against the trend of us 'military' types but, at the time, I believed that UK was making inroads into the EU Establishment; that Cameron was at last becoming a voice to be heard, and that Germany, France and others would become more dependent upon our nation - although they'd always take a chance to take us back a peg or two - and a great cost!

I did however accept the verdict of the majority - despite it being torn asunder by the regional showings (Scotland for instance).

I don't believe Teresa May when she says it's the best deal we could have had, but I believe she's right to say that "what we have, is the best we're going to get.". I do admire her though for her tenacity and endeavour. Is there anyone else up to running the country just now? No way. But, in time, when Brexit has finally become a memory, maybe then...…..

It is something of a Knife Edge.

Will the Prime Minister see this deal through? I doubt it, and rightly so, the people should always have been in the loop to accept or deny any deal. So, what next? A better deal? No chance! Welcomed back into the EU? Yes, but at an even greater cost!

A Mess!
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:11 pm

Good on you Bob,

it is only when people stand up for their opinion that any person with open eyes, and a brain, can truly look for, and find, the middle ground. At this point in time, it matters not how we got here, or who said what and when. It does however matter what each and every one of us does in the next few days !

Anyone with a sense of duty really should do what they think is right. It does not matter what the outcome is, 'if it is the will of the people', but it would be a tragedy if the people are just too lazy to make their opinion known and count !

In a way, supporting or not supporting Mrs May is a sort of second referendum and every vote, so to speak, will count. Anyone who does not make their opinion known to their MP will become a member of the silent majority, a sort of useless filling that blames everyone else for their own hopelessness.

If you have an opinion get active and let your MP know for sure what you expect of them. What did uncle Winny say ? Never before in the history of British politics has the working person had so much power in their hands; or words to that effect.

We, you, are yards short of the finishing line, it's not been easy so far, but it's there within your grasp ... if only you take those final steps ...

By the way, I am not allowed to even express an opinion in British nor German elections, I have been castrated, so to speak, by the EU, I can only vote in EU elections; not the cleverest idea from them :shock: !

mick burgess
Service Details: Joined Boy's Sqn RAC Sepy 1956
Joined B Sqn Berlin Dec 1958
Joined C Sqn Celle Feb 1960
Posted Hohne Regt came together1961
Benghazi, Cyprus, Perham Down, Lulworth,
Tidworth, Herford, Manchester, Lulworth,
Catterick, Munster 1992 KRH Lulworth.
Retired Dec 2006 after 50 years/6 months

Post by mick burgess » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:48 pm

Here is my philosophy for Brexit

In the beginning was the Plan. And then came the Assumptions. And the Assumptions were without form. And the Plan was without substance.
And darkness was upon the face of the Privates. And they spoke amongst themselves, saying to the Corporals, ''It is a bucket of shit, and it stinketh.''
And the Corporals went unto their Sergeants and said, ''It is a pail of dung, and none may abide the odour thereof.''
And the Sergeants went unto their CSM, saying, ''It is a container of excrement, and it is very strong, such that none may abide it.''
And the RSM went unto the Adjutant, saying, ''It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none may abide its strength.''
And the Adjutant spoke amongst his fellows, agreeing, ''It contains that which aids growth, and it is very strong.''
And the Officers went unto their 2IC, saying unto him, ''It promotes growth, and it is very powerful.''
And the 2IC went unto his CO, saying unto him, ''This new plan will actively promote the growth and vigor of the Company with powerful effects.''
And the CO looked upon the Plan, and saw that it was good.
And the Plan became Policy.
This is how Shit Happens............ :lol: :roll: :oops:

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:22 am

Mick,

very well put, I guess that 'we the people' were always at the wrong end of the stick.

I also recall a story, about a young recruit, on his first day in camp, strolling across the parade square, when the RSM accosted him. Prodding the recruit with his pace stick, the RSM screamed "at the end of this stick is a piece of shit". The recruit replied "not at this end mate". Guess who won :shock: :shock: .

I have been wondering if there are not parallels to our current ‚Brexit' situation, Mrs May’s struggle to free us Britons from the clutches of European domination; although she herself had lived fairly well under their rule until she was thrust into the limelight … and the situation Boudica, found herself in:

"Boudica's husband, Prasutagus, ruled as a nominally-independent ally of Rome and left his kingdom jointly to his daughters and the Roman emperor in his will. However, when he died, his will was ignored, and the kingdom was annexed and his property taken. According to Tacitus, Boudica was flogged and her daughters raped.[4] Cassius Dio explains Boudica's response by saying that previous imperial donations to influential Britons were confiscated and the Roman financier and philosopher Seneca called in the loans he had forced on the reluctant Britons.[5]
In AD 60 or 61, when the Roman governor Gaius Suetonius Paulinus was campaigning on the island of Anglesey off the northwest coast of Wales, Boudica led the Iceni, the Trinovantes, and others in revolt.[6] They destroyed Camulodunum (modern Colchester), earlier the capital of the Trinovantes but at that time a colonia, a settlement for discharged Roman soldiers and site of a temple to the former Emperor Claudius. Upon hearing of the revolt, Suetonius hurried to Londinium (modern London), the 20-year-old commercial settlement that was the rebels' next target. He lacked sufficient numbers to defend the settlement, and he evacuated and abandoned Londinium. Boudica led a very large army of Iceni, Trinovantes, and others to defeat a detachment of Legio IX Hispana, and they burned and destroyed Londinium and Verulamium.
An estimated 70,000–80,000 Romans and British were then killed in the three cities by those led by Boudica,[7] many by torture.[7] Suetonius, meanwhile, regrouped his forces, possibly in the West Midlands; despite being heavily outnumbered, he decisively defeated the Britons. The crisis caused Nero to consider withdrawing all Roman forces from Britain, but Suetonius' victory over Boudica confirmed Roman control of the province.
Boudica then either killed herself to avoid capture, (according to Tacitus),[8] or died of illness (according to Cassius Dio).[9]"

At the end of the day Boudica lost everything because she was unable to unite enough of the Britons behind her, too many had grow fat and soft enjoying the apparently ‚easy life‘ offered by a united Europe. But let us not forget: it did not take long before Europe, (then Rome) also went to the dogs !

Will history repeat itself ? Or will Mrs May be able to lead us Britons down another path this time around ?

It is up to you the people to decide :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:53 am

Just another point:

Incase anybody thinks that staying in Europe is a good option, think about this:

Germany is in every bit as much distress as the UK !
Three candidates are bidding to take over from Merkel as head of the CDU (conservatives), because the CDU/CSU & SPD coalition is not working !
One, another woman, comes over like Merkel's little sister and does not want to change anything.
The second is a capitalist through and through and wants to make the rich even richer.
The third, a much younger fellow, is blundering all over the place and not getting much support.
The sister party, the CSU, has lost much of its public support because of in-fighting, their leader stood down just a few weeks ago.
The SPD has about as much public support as the Labour Party in the UK and have just as many in-fighting issues.
All three parties had to form a coalition (which took several months) after the last election, just to reach the needed 51% to govern.
The Liberals look good, but opt to support rich, homosexual business-people (we can't say businessmen anymore !) and they (homo-politicians) are still not (yet) the majority.
The greens and the lefties are as nutty as ever, wanting to let all of the world's migrants in, and give them social security, but have no notion of how this should be paid for, or where they can live (housing) or go to school (schools are already overfull and in very poor condition and short of teachers) and our hospitals are already massively overloaded, every bit as bad as in the UK. (Following our RTA in Spain, back in Germany, I went to the doctor - it then took two weeks to get an appointment for an MRT and another week to get a consultation about the results. I am now trying to join the queue for an operation - sometime next year !)
The greens and lefties only each get 10 - 15% of the voters support and all parties refuse to work, in any way shape or form with the AFD, who are the third largest party and the only party with a continuously growing following. (Should that not tell us something )???
The main earner in Germany, the car industry, is in turmoil and business in general is NOT looking good. The only 'boom' is in building, to cater for the last wave of immigrants and selling them cars and telephones and TV's, 99% of which is paid for by social security = the already overtaxed tax payers. And, in the never ending projects like the Airport in Berlin or the Railway Station in Stuttgart which have taken many years, cost billions, but are nowhere near ready to use.
Also here, the number of people living on the street, many of whom are former servicemen & women, or drawing social security, or subsidies even though they are working full-time, has been growing for years, ... just like in the UK !

Does anybody really need to be told about the problems in France ?

Italy is broke and changes its government more often than they change their underwear.

Spain, ah yes Spain, we were there during our Big Tour. If anybody thinks that the Catalonia problem has gone away, think again. They are at least as active as the Scot's are against the English and don't think for one second that the Bask separatists are any more united with Madrid than Wales is with England, these issues will go on for generations ...

In Holland the so called 'right wing' are gaining ground very fast because of dissatisfaction with their former governments.

Poland has, for years, been refusing to cooperate with the EU and their country is also split into several factions, only united by their anti EU, anti German and anti Russian attitudes.

Only Austria and Hungary seem to be on a fairly constant tact, did they not previously have a rather large coalition - empire in Europe ?

The rest of the little countries are like seagull's, picking up any crumbs that they can and shitting on those that feed them.

Then there is Greece, but nobody mentions Greece these days, don't want to upset them, they might stop paying their bills and the rest of Europe might remember that they owe enough to break the German Banks :shock:, without which the EZB would also collapse :shock: :shock: !

All of this has happened under the lousy governance of the EU and there really are no signs that things will get better anywhere any time soon.

My advice :idea: If you are in a hole and can't get out - STOP DIGGING :idea: .

Change is risky for sure, but to carry on doing the same thing, when it is not working, is a clear definition of insanity !!!

Update: The new boss-lady of the CDU is AKK, candidate number one, Merkel's little shadow. She actually gave a great speech, as did the other two candidates, but words are cheap and I have never know a politician to do what they said they would do. Even if they were to try, the people are not willing to tighten their belts enough to allow 'real change'; everyone wants and nobody wants to give, or even accept 'no-growth' for a generation - because that is what is truly needed !

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:07 pm

A bit off the beaten track ... perhaps Arnie will feel obliged to answer ...

It rather looks as if I am the only person prepared to regularly ‚out‘ myself regarding my thoughts on Brexit which is a shame really because it really is important to everyone.

I am watching all sorts of reports and found one that started my marbles bubbling and it is interesting because ist’s a military issue, HUSSAR ! :

It seems that the UN have moved a motion to allow all countries to extend their territorial waters and, being greedy, most countries have signed up to this idea.

So what happens when the newly extended waters overlap with another country, easy, the border becomes exactly in the middle, between the two countries. But what if one country says: I don’t agree with this new rule and demand that the previously existing LAW is binding ?

This is the case between Greece and Turkey and they can not agree to agree and we all know how volatile both countries can be. I served throughout the 1974 war, between those two, in Cyprus, so like to think that I know a bit about it.

Greece is upset that it can’t get any ‚back up‘ from Nato, because Turkey is also a member. So, Greece is very much supporting the idea of the new ‚European Army‘ because Turkey is not a member of the EU. … I understand Greece are happy to have large airports and training areas, for EU troops, on their land, and dedicated Naval ports, on their coast, if the EU writes off some debt … and then the EU can also better protect itself against immigrants arriving from Turkey, then everyone (except Turkey) will be happy.

I think it’s article 5 of the NATO charter that says: if any member country has a dispute, all other members are obliged to go to their aid and Greece is plying to have a similar article in the new European Army’s charter.

You don’t have to have a phd in rocket science to see what’s going on !

Turkey is absolutely strategic and pivotal, it is the ‚land bridge to the Middle East‘ - oil etc. - and would give NATO and the new European Army, absolute control of all of Russia’s South West Front, should we decide to 'take it' (Turkey ... at first). This would block Russia’s exit from the Black Sea into the Med. and so prevent them from playing ‚peacemaker‘ between Iran and the West.

We already have Iraq (sort of) and Syria will then be surrounded. We could then, again, allow the Kurds to do our dirty work on Turkey’s southern border and Syria’s Eastern front, giving them new empty promises of their own nation state.

Saudi Arabia has almost all of Irans South and West covered, except for Yemen but we almost have a grip of that, if it wasn’t for shit-stiring reporters, moaning about hungry children, but hey just invite them into an embassy somewhere and murder them; then press on to victory, Tally Ho !

Then it’s off into Iran for a thousand and one nights before arriving in Afghanistan. Then we highly civilized Europeans will have control of most of the oil and other minerals (and permanent sunshine for solar power) and Greece can once more become an important transit land. America will get their drugs for free and so can close the Mexican Border, at last.

I had been wondering why the USA, sorry NATO, insists on everyone giving ever more money to expand their armies … now everything is clear ...

So I suppose that the question is: Do we really want to be a part of such a European Army ? Or does Brexit have hidden blessings ??

Arnie
Service Details: 14/20H, 1959-1962 Hohne, Munchen Gladbach, 1962-1964 Benghazi, Cyprus and Tripoli. 1965-1967 7 Armd Bde Soltau.
Tranferred into Int Corps. 1967-1970 NI, 1970-1971 Singapore, 1971-1972 HK,1972-1974 NI, 1974-1976 NITAT(UK), 1976-1979 Berlin, 1979-1981 Preston. 1981 Retired

Post by Arnie » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:48 am

Hi Yall, Mick (keep the funnies coming), and Bill.
first let me wish all Hawks and members of NOAH'S ARC a very Merry Christmas and a very Prosperous New Year. A.I.D.C.I.T.O.A!!!!
Lets hope that Theresa May get's ousted or at least gets a spinal transplant, oh! for the resurrection of the Iron Lady, she would show them. Being a deserter and running away to Australia immediately on retirement I don't feel quite right voicing an opinion about BREXIT but shout from the rooftops WALK AWAY, NO DEAL. Then who would pay the exorbitant salaries that these thousands of (un)Civil Servants are. Lets face it, it is yet another trough for these failed politicians to stick their snouts into. Have you seen how much that totally U/S failure Neil Kinnock gets. I understand he never won an election of any sort in the UK but here he is an EU Commissioner (?)
The EU is on a par with the UN and should be scrapped forthwith. We have to be joking about them being UNITED. FIFA, the IOC, the UN and all the others are just a money making machine for the Members or Commissioners. "Here is my bank details, pay untold monies into the account and I may, may just vote the way you want me to, unless your opposition pays more into the same account".
I am going to send this now and start the second part, just in case what happened yesterday happens again today. Then I haven't invested so much time putting too much down. Arnie

Arnie
Service Details: 14/20H, 1959-1962 Hohne, Munchen Gladbach, 1962-1964 Benghazi, Cyprus and Tripoli. 1965-1967 7 Armd Bde Soltau.
Tranferred into Int Corps. 1967-1970 NI, 1970-1971 Singapore, 1971-1972 HK,1972-1974 NI, 1974-1976 NITAT(UK), 1976-1979 Berlin, 1979-1981 Preston. 1981 Retired

Post by Arnie » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:31 pm

(cont.)
Yippee! It seems to be working.
Bill, if that UN Territorial Waters ruling gets put into practice I imagine it will be a nightmare. The excuse of the Sudanese Pirates use for doing what they do, i.e. Its just a Tax we collect for anyone or thing in transit through OUR waters" will be used by any tinpot, impoverished nation to do the same. Would they share it with all the landlocked countries or would these people do the same, which used to be called banditry. The UN would not only need an Army, they would also need a Navy. Good luck to that.
How many of the sons, husbands, brothers or fathers, and now daughters, wives and mothers (they wanted equality of the sexes) have been or will be slaughtered in the many wars which have taken place in the past, present and will, no doubt, in the future.
Many of these wars were turned into major conflagrations by International Treaties or agreements calling upon the help of co-signatories in the event of threats or impossible demands from belligerent foes. A classic example of this involved our beloved NATO. Harry Truman, or whoever was pulling his strings at the time, wanted to have a barrier between the US and the Soviets so hence the creation of NATO. For this to become a reality he needed France as a member. You don't get something for nothing. France wanted to return to 'their' colonies in Indo China. At the time this was anathema to the Yanks who weren't into colonialism (except their own in Central and South America) but they agreed to them returning in return for their signing NATO.
Now Ho Chi Minh, who had fought with the Allies, sorry, the Yanks in WW2 against the Japanese, was a Nationalist at the time, NOT a Communist. The return of the French pushed him into the arms of the Communist sphere of influence and this led to the 'dogma' of the start of the "Domino Effect" in the minds of the Yanks, sorry the CIA.
This led to the first Vietnam War, the second Vietnam War and the ultimate Victory of the Yanks, sorry the Vietnamese. But this was at the cost of millions of lives.
The start of Chapter 3 of History of the World by Arnie Greenwood starts with: "I only have a rudimentary knowledge of history involving the Romans"
which I am sure you are all glad, and cheering.

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:21 am

A.I.D.C.I.T.O.A. With reference to the Christmas message. And I Don't Care If This OFFENDS Anybody.

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:33 am

Hi Arnie,

delighted to see you back on-line after your ‚small’ issues !

Should I be glad when your opinion is to ‚stuff Mrs May‘ ?

I am of course glad to get any comments, instead of talking to myself and amusing myself by abusing myself, because that could lead people to think they were right about me all those years ago !

The problem with getting rid of Mrs May is quite simply: there is nobody else capable of doing what both the one side AND the other wants, she is the unenviable ‚piggy in the middle‘ ! Were the hard Brexitiers to take over control, there is no way that they would have a majority and much less so should the Remainers take control.

Is politics not about assuming the middle ground ? Because I suspect we are heading towards revolution when the two sides can not meet in the middle and people should bear that in mind when they fail to support Mrs May. Or does anybody think that Corbyn could win Boris’s support ? Or visa versa ?

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Mrs May has been trying to reach a compromise with the EU, and giving way is an essential part of working out any deal. Nobody ever gets everything that they want !

Sure we can go for a hard Brexit, that would be my emotional choice, but the EU would then crash and break up and that would not be in our own long term best interest !

I do believe that Mrs May has given her all, in trying to find a way, Boris and his mobsters and Corbyn and his, have no Ace’s up their sleeves, because they too would have to reach a compromise with the EU.

Those that think that they can have everything could well end up loosing that what is most precious to them ‚their children’s future‘. Is there seriously any one amongst you who would gladly return to a hard border in N.I. ? There’s your Hard Brexit ! Or, anyone who thinks that they can ignore the 17,4 million who voted to leave ?

Mrs May certainly has the most difficult job possible, but it is us the people who stand to loose our peace and our freedom, sitting on the fence is not an option anymore.

And, perhaps we should remember, Mrs May did not initiate the referendum, that was Cameron, who jumped ship, Boris did not step up to the line as we were heading into stormy waters, he chickened out. It was Mrs May who took over the helm, knowing full well that a massive storm lay in our path and if we the people do not start bailing out our ship, it may well go down with all hands on board !

The simple problem is: the parliamentarians do not want to leave the EU and THEY are not willing to comply with the will of the majority. THEY believe that THEY know better but that is not democracy ! THEY argue that the people are too stupid to have understood the implications of what they were asked to decide upon in the referendum.

Time alone will prove them wrong or right …

There is still time for YOU the people to have a decisive effect upon what happens: Demand of your MP that he/she does what YOU want. THEY are cowards and will do as they are told if YOU push them, because THEY need YOUR votes in the future. That is democracy, but it only works when YOU are active !

The small concessions from the EU this morning will not be enough for their ego’s … The ball is in YOUR court !

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Post by PINKY » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi guys,
I really don't understand much about the EU problems. Anything to improve the UK is a must.
Canada has its own problems...….Trudeau and he lefty loonies are not popular in the oil rich prairies because they aint investing in new pipelines etc.
Prefer sports to politics any day.
Pinky

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Pinky, Pinky, Pinky, this is precisely why these bastards think they can get away with anything. Just keep the deplorables entertained with any distraction, be it sport, movies or anything. This leaves them alone to scheme, plan, or deal in more and more corruption.
J. Edgar Hoover, transvestite had it off pat. Use 'his' agency, the peoples really, to collect material with which he can blackmail politicians or beaurocrats with and you have them by the short and curlies. They say that his "secret files" were never found after his death. I tell you, and its only my opinion, mind you, SOMEBODY found them and keep using them to this day.
I would surmise that the current power brokers have refined Hoovers collection. Just look at the people who have visited Jeffery Epstein's Lolita Island using his Lolita Express jet and partaken of the delights of the children on the island. Not only are they seeking out the blackmail materials on these visitors, which have included the Clintons (Bill 26 times), and the Obamas (I think 9 or 10 times) and many, many more of the high power players in all branches of government. Just research the flight logs of this Lolita Express, the logs have to be maintained and preserved. Isn't it funny that many of the powerful paedophiles in the UK and the USA get away with it for so long, could it be that many of Judiciary in involved in one way or another. One shudders to think the horrors which have been perpetrated on the young prisoners on this island. About 6 months ago there was a fire on the island which destroyed some of the buildings and infrastructure on the island. Jeffrey Epstein, for those that don't know, is a multimillionaire and a convicted child molester. No wonder it is so difficult to deal with, and destroy the Deep State in the US. Shades of the KGB in the old, if not the new Russia.
Perhaps on a lighter note. A good example of how to defeat this practice, at least on a personal level, was President Sukarno of Indonesia, incidentally as corrupt as the next despot President. When confronted with the photographic proof of his infidelities, I think in Moscow, in the Sixties, with several delectable young ladies, he asked for copies of the photos so he could show them round to all his friends. Absolute and irrefutable proof that it works, the Russians never tried it with him again.
Late going to bed, sweet dreams to you all and good night.

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Second line of my submission above after or anything. it should say "and keep their minds off politics". Arnie

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Post by PINKY » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:44 pm

I get that totally Arnie, I have a friend over here who is also from Salford, lives about 25 miles north of me...…….anyhow he is constantly banging the drum about the political in balance and the likes of. Every Democratic society has voted in the government, very hard to change things peacefully there after. There is so much wrong that never gets righted (is that a real word?). Us little men with quiet voices struggle to make an impact. I have my own thoughts and believe me when I say that if there was a revolution I would be front and centre.

In God we trust - all others taken with a pinch of salt.

All the best
Pinky