A new friend of The King’s Hussars

History, Traditions and Battle Honours of the 14th/20th King's Hussars.
Lisa Rae Humphrey
Service Details: I am the grandaughter of Charles William Nixon who died on April 16 1945 in Medicina and who lies in the war cemetery in Faenza - it’s taken me a long time to find out how he died and I now know the name of the six comrades who fell with him - I just want to make a connection for the memory of my Grandad

A new friend of The King’s Hussars

Post by Lisa Rae Humphrey » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:59 pm

Hello to all here - thankyou from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to join this group. I’m not a member of the armed forces just a civvie but I wanted to join as I’ve been doing a lot of searching over the death of my Grandfather at the end of WW2 - he was Charles William Nixon. We knew where he was buried but not how and why and with who - I now know that he was with the 14/20 Kings Hussars and the 6th Gurkha Rifles at the battle of Medicina. I’m the last surviving family member and whilst so sad to read about the battle It’s been wonderful to have received photographs that show how well tended the graves are and of the ex fellow regiment guys who made the journey to Faenza on the 70th commemoration. So happy to know that the now ‘Kings Hussars’ will be going again to pay their respects in 2020 - I’ll be trying to arrange my own way there too so maybe see you there 🙏🏼 - but just wanted to say that you have my utmost respect and love and thankyou for taking such special care of my Grandad Charles x

john kerwin
Service Details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Re: A new friend of The King’s Hussars

Post by john kerwin » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:42 am

Welcome Lisa Rae. Hope the site can give you some help. :)

king hussar

Post by king hussar » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Welcome lisa
I hope you do make it to medicina were you will be given a good welcome.

mick burgess
Service Details: Joined Boy's Sqn RAC Sepy 1956
Joined B Sqn Berlin Dec 1958
Joined C Sqn Celle Feb 1960
Posted Hohne Regt came together1961
Benghazi, Cyprus, Perham Down, Lulworth,
Tidworth, Herford, Manchester, Lulworth,
Catterick, Munster 1992 KRH Lulworth.
Retired Dec 2006 after 50 years/6 months

Post by mick burgess » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:45 pm

Welcome Lisa
Your contacting the site ensures that this old Family site will flourish for hopefully years to come.
Hope you make it to Medicina next year, Health and happiness for the coming year.
Mick

Lisa Rae Humphrey
Service Details: I am the grandaughter of Charles William Nixon who died on April 16 1945 in Medicina and who lies in the war cemetery in Faenza - it’s taken me a long time to find out how he died and I now know the name of the six comrades who fell with him - I just want to make a connection for the memory of my Grandad

Post by Lisa Rae Humphrey » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:15 am

Thankyou so much for your replies to my message and I’m so sorry that it’s taken a while to respond - this website is complicated for a civvie! I’m so happy to be in touch with you - the 14/20 Kings Hussars and so hope that I can be at Medicina (Faenza) in 2020 to shake your hands - you are all amazing and I wish you good health and happiness always 🙏🏼