Committee Meeting

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Committee Meeting

Post by Bob_H » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:52 pm

We're having a Committee Meeting at the Savoy Hotel, Blackpool on Friday 1st May (7:30). :shock:

Paul Keller
Service Details: Hohne Nov '78 till June '85, Catterick June '85 till June '87, with six months Belize, March '86 till Sept '86.
Sennelager, June 87 till March '88, March '88 till Oct '90,

Re: Committee Meeting

Post by Paul Keller » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:17 pm

Bob
Is that a suttle hint for a p**s up to anyone who can make it ???
Then it's Trooper this, an Trooper that
And Trooper how's yer soul?
But it's "Hawks are bloody 'ero's"
When the tanks began to roll!

Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Post by Bob_H » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:03 am

All,

You won't be able to vote on anything but any member can sit in on meetings unless we opt for an 'in camera' period. The bar will be open Kells but me? I'll have a nice hot cup of tea.

I suppose this is as good a place as anywhere to apologise for my little outburst last night - if you didn't see it ignore me, I should be in bed. There was a thread about the Hotel and users were quite rightly airing their views, at one stage I explained that hotels do make mistakes and residents can have a bad experience, but that the Committee and the Savoy management were both working very hard to resolve all issues and to agree an enhanced package for future years. Having posted that reply a couple of further replies were then made that again slagged off the hotel, and I must admit that I was fuming on reading them - since I am recommending this Hotel to all of our members I saw it as an attack on my own personal integrity. Since the Reunion I have spent almost all of my time in tidying up the last one and laying foundations for the next one, and it just got to me.

I've slept on it now (well, for a couple of hours) and with some reassuring messages from my very good friends Micky Stowell and Harry & Pam I'm over it.

So, I'll say sorry and get back to preparing for the Committee Meeting. Hope you all had a good sleep. :)

Here's what, among other things, keeps me very happy - a photo that I took of my granddaughter Ariana yesterday. She had her 3rd birthday last week and we like to have a good chat together.Image

FERDY
Site Admin
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

Post by FERDY » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:43 am

Bob

You would not be human if things didn't get to you occasionally.

Thank you for making what I consider to be the right decision, It's very true to say that you don't miss something til it's gone.

The implications of this site not existing is bigger than that, it would mean the end of the 14th/20th boys being able to keep in touch, no more reunions, and most importantly, nothing for Quassie, Solly and the likes to spend their time on !!

I think it is about time that members that use this site and attend the reunions, show their appreciation of the work that you and the commitee work so damned hard at to keep these things going.

As I wrote to you in a personal e-mail I don't believe people say THANK YOU enough these days.

I call on all of you who use this site and attend the reunions to put fingers to buttons and tell Bob and the hard working committee what their efforts mean to you.

Now I'm late for work

Pete Farrell

PS Bob Ariana is nearly as pretty as my three
If you can stay calm when all around you is in Chaos, Then you have not properly understood the Situation!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bob_H
Site Admin

Post by Bob_H » Sat May 02, 2009 7:34 am

The Meeting was duly attended by the Committee and we were pleased to be joined by Pete & Eunice. It lasted just a little short of two and a half hours and I can make assurances to you that every decision and discussion was carried out with the best interests of all of our noahs arc members. The next major event will be the issue of the Shy Talk newsletter which will be earlier than usual this year so that you can see the results of our work. Thanks.