Investec Challenge Autumn Internationals

League or Union. This is where you can chat about the oval ball.
hankwood698
Service Details: B Sqn-Herford-June 75. B Sqn-Heavy Track Tp-Bovy-76. D Sqn-Hohne-77 to 82(Oct). Track Section-Chertsey,Surry-Centurion& Challenger Driving Trials-Oct 82 to June 85. A Sqn-Catterick-85. B Sqn-Munster-88(inc. 1st Gulf War) & 9 month tour C Sqn-Berlin til Sept 91. Fountain St/Stockport Recruitng Offices-93 to 95.. Batus Safety Staff-7 months 95. RAC & H/CAV MDT 6 Months 96. Last 6 months in uk up to Demob Feb 97. Left with Rank of Sgt.

Investec Challenge Autumn Internationals

Post by hankwood698 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:08 am

Hi All. Good start by Martin Johnson's lads last Saturday. Hope we can keep it up against the Aussies this Sat 15th Nov. Looking forward to a good game,hope we can give them a slap and not the other way round. Got a good few games of Rugby to watch now, thats the next few weekends sorted,so the diy will have to wait dear :D :D :D Then its the six Nations,hope to go to HQ to see at least one of the games.

Take care

Hank
Always look on the bright side!!!

hankwood698
Service Details: B Sqn-Herford-June 75. B Sqn-Heavy Track Tp-Bovy-76. D Sqn-Hohne-77 to 82(Oct). Track Section-Chertsey,Surry-Centurion& Challenger Driving Trials-Oct 82 to June 85. A Sqn-Catterick-85. B Sqn-Munster-88(inc. 1st Gulf War) & 9 month tour C Sqn-Berlin til Sept 91. Fountain St/Stockport Recruitng Offices-93 to 95.. Batus Safety Staff-7 months 95. RAC & H/CAV MDT 6 Months 96. Last 6 months in uk up to Demob Feb 97. Left with Rank of Sgt.

Re: Investec Challenge Autumn Internationals

Post by hankwood698 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:40 pm

I think we can see why South Africa are world champs. WHAT a slap they gave us at HQ,they were just so good in defence. We had nearly all the possession and six points, they came up our end a few times and took 42 points. I think the lads will have learnt a few lessons from this game and maybe we'll give the all blacks a good slap next time :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D . Only a young team yet, afraid vickery should not be there any more,his time is done. Hey ho

Take care

Hank

Skip

Post by Skip » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:32 pm

Hank,
Good to hear from you mate, I went to all autumn internationals and with the exception of the South Islanders they were abismal (from an England point of view). I met Danny Cipriani at HQ after he had been benched against NZ, and offered him the benefit of my expertise. Best place for him (for a year or two anyway) he seemed to agree.
Hope your keeping well mate.
Skip
Skippy

hankwood698

Post by hankwood698 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:40 pm

Skip, Long time no hear,see,whatever!! Agree with you about Cipriani, boy's got a lot to learn yet. See you're still down in the tropics,or has it been as cold as up here?? I'm hoping to get to at least one of the six nations this year at HQ,went to Rome last year,that were lucky! :oops: Me and our Mandy were surrounded by Italians but we had a good bit of banter going,their English much better than my non existent Italian :) I'm not too bad thanks ,hope you and yours are all ok

Take care

Hank