Phil Dowdeswell {CI}

Looking for an old mate? Is anyone looking for you? Post a message here or search for names you might have information on.
beaubells
Service Details: 1954/61.

Phil Dowdeswell {CI}

Post by beaubells » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:58 am

Gidday CI,I,m a new member see {beaubells],We were together in Thames Troop Boys Sqdn,then on to Munster,Celle 3rd troop,C sqdn, before I was posted to Tonfanau North Wales. 1954 /1961. Centurians and Saracen armoured cars.
I hope you remember me and corky {Tony Cork}.Now long retired in New Zealand,get in touch if you can.

mick burgess
Service Details: Joined Boy's Sqn RAC Sepy 1956
Joined B Sqn Berlin Dec 1958
Joined C Sqn Celle Feb 1960
Posted Hohne Regt came together1961
Benghazi, Cyprus, Perham Down, Lulworth,
Tidworth, Herford, Manchester, Lulworth,
Catterick, Munster 1992 KRH Lulworth.
Retired Dec 2006 after 50 years/6 months

Re: Phil Dowdeswell {CI}

Post by mick burgess » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi Ci,
If I remember you were at Celle Trenchard Bks I was posted from Berlin in 59/60 after going over the East Germen border one night ended up in Potsdam jail for a couple of weeks caused a bit of a stir and with my name burgess it didn't help at the time.
Joined 1st troop with Butch Marland, Klia Bates, Jim Dick, all nat servicemen, + Geordy Stark Sgt Jackson. Some of the other characters were Ian Rumble Scouse Bennett both REME Johnny Cove Singe Powell, Gordon Mitchel and others. Which trp were you in and do you remember me.
Health and Happiness to you. Mick

mick burgess
Service Details: Joined Boy's Sqn RAC Sepy 1956
Joined B Sqn Berlin Dec 1958
Joined C Sqn Celle Feb 1960
Posted Hohne Regt came together1961
Benghazi, Cyprus, Perham Down, Lulworth,
Tidworth, Herford, Manchester, Lulworth,
Catterick, Munster 1992 KRH Lulworth.
Retired Dec 2006 after 50 years/6 months

Post by mick burgess » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi Beaubells, If you are in contact with Cy please ask him to reply another mate of his just read your post and wants to get in contact with him. Its Singe Powell and he is related to Cy but lost contact some years ago I have his email.
Thanks in anticipation Mick

beaubells
Service Details: 1954/61.

Post by beaubells » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:17 am

Hi mick,I remember a Singe Powell in Celle BAOR,he was in my squadron {C} around 1958 ,I believe he spoke German quite well.I do remember Gordon Mitchell ,we shared the same room in Celle he was a full corporal I was a L/Cpl,when he was promoted to Sgt I was promoted to full corporal and posted to North Wales as an instructor{drill,gunnery}.I lost contact with him when I returned to the Regiment 2 years later.At that time our troop commander was a Lt Pharo-Thomlin who later became Adjutant.Getting back to Cy as we all knew him,he came from Cirencester,and part of 3rd Troop as was I.He was a trooper at this time a wireless operator,I believe later he made Sgt after I left the Army.I,m sure I had photo,s of him on a training exercise on Soltau tank area,but I,m afraid as with most of my reg,t photos lost over the years.
good to hear from you Bill Phillips.

Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Post by Bob_H » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:38 am

Bill, St John Powell (Singe) lives in Dorset.
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol: