Soppy Sods

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
tigger
Service Details: JLR RAC 1971-1972, 14/20 kh 1972 - 1992. Herford, Bovinton, Cyprus, Omagh, Warminster, Hohne, Croyden, Catterick, Manchester, Munster, NI tours, Gulf 1,

Soppy Sods

Post by tigger » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:45 am

As I think we all know in the military, we each adopt a pheudo side to our characters to survive and emitt the aura of tough guys , it is as they say goes with the territory.

How ever on the odd occassion the facade is torn down or cracked enough to see just how fragile that mirroed image is.

I was on posting away from the Regiment serving in Omagh with the 15/19 Hussars (The regiment I think we should have been amalgamated with) while out on out station patrol we we're sat in the ready room on the Police station in Beleek, I was in the ops room when the call came to crash out

I ran to the ready room where the guys on stand by we're watching a video of a new movie "The Champ" with John Voight and Ricky Scnieder
I threw open the door and switched on the light with a cry of "Lets Goooo, What the F**k" every soppy sod to a man was red eyed with wet cheeks and a man sized scottie or hankerchief mopping the tears.

I mean come on what was that all about :lol:

Has anyone else a tale about the softer side coming out

Cheers Trev (P.S. I can't watch that movie to this day without welling up in the scene with the boy and his dad)

tigger
Service Details: JLR RAC 1971-1972, 14/20 kh 1972 - 1992. Herford, Bovinton, Cyprus, Omagh, Warminster, Hohne, Croyden, Catterick, Manchester, Munster, NI tours, Gulf 1,

Re: Soppy Sods

Post by tigger » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:46 am

Oh and just a thought Me and my Brother Jack

dont do The Living years by Mike and the Mechanics either (Whats that all about)

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin

Post by Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:49 am

As I said to Geordie Stobbart before he went as D&M wing SSM Bovington the reason why they would not let us amalgamate with the 5&9s was that it would cost the MOD a fortune for the operation to give us Hawks a speech impediment.

tigger

Post by tigger » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:16 pm

I'm saying nothing on the impediments (speech, physical or other) of the shambles our regiment got lumbered with,

I passed a comment on a Regiment I served with, who I thought would have been a better fit.

Now the phoenix that arose from the funeral pyre of that marrige is its own animal and the soldiers that serve in iy will love it and strive for it to be the best, and I wish them all the best

Cheers Trev

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin

Post by Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Lighten up Trev I said it as a joke to Waddy all those years ago when I was leaving to do my last 6 months in Bovy just to wind him up. Low and behold when I reported to Bovy to work in Tech after the 90 days leave I was due he was there in the D&M wing. I was on the scrounge for drop files to sort out the paperwork on all the vehicles on strength when I spotted him. When I said hello Waddy he nearly fell off his chair he hadent been called Waddy for years