HRH Princess Anne in Hong Kong 1971

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

HRH Princess Anne in Hong Kong 1971

Post by Bob_H » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Brian (Brains) Parsley has sent in this video. He says "It has only taken me 43 years to dig it out!". Not the best of (VHS) quality but worth a watch - you should recognise faces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZq1IjszF3Y

Thank you Brains.
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

Brains
Service Details: REME 1964 -1973
REME Worrkshops HQ UNFICYP 1966
LAD REME 25 Field Squadron RE Paderborn 1967
B Sqn LAD 14th/20th King's Hussars Paderborn 1967-70 & Hong Kong 1970-73

Re: HRH Princess Anne in Hong Kong 1971

Post by Brains » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:58 am

You're welcome , Bob.

I was so proud of my Super 8 cine camera in 1971,the most up to date camera with its ability to take 4 minutes of silent film, which then had to be sent back to the UK to be processed, and this film was the result of six of them edited and spliced together. I then kept meaning to get the film transferred to VHS, but never got round to it, and finally had it transferred directly to DVD last week!
The filming was done on the dress rehearsal and the actual day, and edited together. I was too far away to show the hubs clashing together on the 'advance in review order', but I'm sure some drivers will remember!
Hopefully some of the Band members will be able to recognise themselves.
I was fortunate to cadge a lift in a Scout helicopter from the airfield to the range with the senior press/PR people, so was able to get the action at the range, then rode back in the LAD Land Rover with Pete Kelly and Bill Baillie, before getting ready for the afternoon garden party. A great day for B Squadron.