Bill Whittle

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
fatcat
Service Details: Joined 1969 - 1973 Catterick Paderborn Singapore Tidworth

Re: Bill Whittle

Post by fatcat » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:30 pm

have passed on Billy's No to Meeks if any one else would like his No just let me know I don't know if Billy wants his No on the message page so if you want to give me a ring I will gladly pass his No on to you all.
It is 0787 964 7446 ok Cheers.
Fatcat [Alan]

kay

Post by kay » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:36 pm

just to say a big thanks for good wishes ..he's well touched ..big lad was in tears ..
thanks too for a good weekend..
get this

read news to him this morning told him 2 more squaddies had been killed..billy replied thats it im going to start my own fu**ing army to kill the bar*****s...so get ready for call up lads...it will definately be dads army..
i thought it was classic... :D :D

Meeks
Site Admin
Service Details: 14/20th 1975-1990. C Sqn, Cyprus, Hohne, B Sqn Berlin, Munster and various loans to Hq Sqn RHQ Tp etc.

Post by Meeks » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Spoke to Billy this evening,he was in good spirits and is taking it one day at a time.
Still planning to be around for future reunions.
I have been recruited into "Billy's Army".
(Explained we would need something like a Starlifter for transport) :wink:
Keith
Live life to the full!

mike
Service Details: 1967 to 1973.
Paderborn. Tidworth, Libya, N.I.

Post by mike » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:15 pm

Keep your chin up billy tinking of you. mike and joyce :)
Mike Grundy
X Hussar.

JOHN WAREHAM
Service Details: Enlist, 11/70. B Sqn untill 5/73. C Sqn untill 1980, HQ Sqn (boots 'n' socks) till 12/82.

Post by JOHN WAREHAM » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:49 am

Hang in there big guy. Aint seen you for 32 yrs but hope to soon. Can you pm me your number on my FB page. J.
Growin' old might be compulsary but growin' up is optional.

FERDY
Site Admin
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

Post by FERDY » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:09 am

His number is on Fatcats post, 4 above this John !
If you can stay calm when all around you is in Chaos, Then you have not properly understood the Situation!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Post by Brian Moulton » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Sorry to hear this news Billy & Kay. You're not one to give up easily, so let's hope you prove them wrong.

Identify yourself on this attached photo. Can't see anyone is big as you on it and even Mick Greenwood has a silth like figure. Was a good skive looking after you lot.

I'm still trying to dig out the photo the Greek lad from Levenshulme sent me of his sister. That would cheer you up !! I'll keep hunting it down.

Hope to see you at the next reunion Billy.
Attachments
cadets.jpg
cadets.jpg (273.73 KiB) Viewed 4240 times
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

ALGY CAIN
Service Details: 1967-77. A and C Squadrons.

Post by ALGY CAIN » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Billy, just looked at Solly's photo and I think you are 2nd row sat down fourth from the right?

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Post by Brian Moulton » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:55 pm

You might be right Algy, looks like the cheeky and likeable little sod I seem to remember, but not so little now.
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

billy whittle
Service Details: 1970 - 1980. 'B'sqn HK and Herford and NI, 'HQ' sqn Herford and Bovington. 'Veh ' Sqn Bovington, 'D'sqn Hohne, and NI then 'HQ' sqn till demob,

Post by billy whittle » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:45 am

Solly, Algie.
Thanks for the pic Solly It has taken me back more than a few years :lol: :lol: Kay has picked the same cheeky little sod out as both you and Algie and after getting the magnifying glass out i must come to the same conclusion :lol: :lol: just by going on the world cup willy jug ears :lol: :lol: :lol: and the drop short cap badge ( we re badged to the 14th/20th after the visit ). It has taken me the best part of 3/4 of an hour to get this in print due to the shakes :lol: and thats before a drink ( I wish ). Anyway the latest is , I have just had the district nurse visit and they are organising the doctor to visit along with the palliative care nurse tomorrow and looking into fitting me with a syringe drive to administer my painkillers :!: :!: :!: :!: round the clock to try and keep on top of the pain so it doesn't build up while i'm asleep and then kick me in the arse when i wake up so i'm keeping my fingers crossed it works more to give Kay some rest as much as me. Anyway fellas heres to the next reunion were all keeping our fingers crossed nad hoping to make it a good one, Kay sends her love and best wishes to everyone as os course i do so till we meet again. Take care

all our best wishes

Billy & Kay HUSSAR

Mac McNulty
Site Admin
Service Details: January 1972 - August 1994

Post by Mac McNulty » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi Bill Mate,

Good to see you are keeping cheerful, so that syringe administers vodka straight in then?

Look after yourself and Kay look forward to seeing you at the reunion in April or in Preston in November. If I am across in the Sheffield area I sometimes work in Mexborough I will let you know and call in for a brew.

Best wishes

Mac

kevman
Service Details: RHQ, PADERBORN 1965 - 'A' SQN PADERBORN - SINGAPORE - TIDWORTH - N.I (3) 1968 - 71, RAC Parachute Regt- TIDWORTH - N.I. 1972, RTU-RHQ TIDWORTH - HERFORD 1973 - 1974.

Post by kevman » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Hang in there Billy..reunion not too far away. Wishing you all the best mate.

Kev

grumpygrandad
Service Details: Joined 14/20 (Regadged)after 5 RTR was disbanded.Served with Regt from 1969 unil discharge in 1979

Post by grumpygrandad » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:49 am

You hang on in there big man,this years reunion was the 1st time I'd seen you and the lads for 30 years and I want to see you at next years bash, Like I keep saying Billy "You the man"!!

All the very best
Tony

paul
Service Details: 1974 jlr. 1975-1976 29cdo, 1976 -1987 14/20h, plymouth, bovington, hohne, NI, canada, catterick

Post by paul » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi Billy sorry to hear your news but glad to see you are keeping you chin up mate hang in there and all the best to Kay

brian knight
Service Details: served 1968-1977,in paderborn,tidworth,132 flight aac netheravon,herford,lulworth cove ,northen ireland. live in Bury

Post by brian knight » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Dear Bill and Kay,just returned from a months caravaning so we have only just seen this post,there is'nt a lot you can say but keep fighting,hang on in there.God bless you both and all the family.Brian and sheila.