Your own 14/20H Flag ...

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Re: Your own 14/20H Flag ...

Post by Bill Bentley » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:47 pm

This is what my flag looks like after about 10 months outside, through last winter and several quite heavy storms and throughout the summer sunshine. It's a bit frayed at the edges, still I'll leave it and the George Cross windsock as they are until spring then replace them with new ones.

If anybody else will be needing a replacement, Bob still has a couple or you can get them from: flagsandthings@gmx.de We also have flags for Halloween, Christmas, it's a Boy, it's a Girl, Happy Birthday etc. etc,
Attachments
033.JPG
033.JPG (211.48 KiB) Viewed 5170 times

trooper186
Service Details: JLR 75-76 BOVINGTON
HEAVY TRACK TROOP76- 77 BOVINGTON
HOHNE 77-81

Post by trooper186 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Well mine hang on the ceiling of Ric,s mess at the back of the house still look as new as the day i bought and thats getting on for a year might have to treat myself to another for out side but it will be coming in every night cant have a dishevelled flag after a year LOL how are you Billy B hope you are well
im 5ft 2 and im 6ft tall
i fight with missles and with spears
im all of 31 but only 17 and iv
been a soldier for a thousand years

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi Ric,

Ric's mess ... sounds like you need a duty Sgt's visit !
If you want a new flag ... wait a couple of days ...

I'm as well as I have been for years, I hope that you are to

Bill

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Last Post !

Gentlemen and those of you that I know better ...
That's how I started this topic almost a year ago. Back then I had three aims:

1) To support Noah's ARC
2) To support the OCA
3) To distribute flags so that former 14/20H members could proudly show that they are Hawks and so more easily find and contact one another. The topic has become one of the most successful on the site and I would like to thank everybody who has contributed to it ... THANKS guys and gals !

I guess everyone knows that I have another agenda: To warn everyone about the forthcoming solar storms, due between now and early next year. If the storms come and cause the blackouts that I have repeatedly warned of, there will be no way of distributing the flags in future.

In one final attempt to get the flags out amongst you in time I am prepared to let them go at a rate that does not even cover the postage and production cost. I was never in it to make money and Noah's ARC and the OCA have done quite well out of it already.

So, for just five pounds sterling you can order a copy of the 14th/20th Kings Hussars Regimental Flag, no strings attached. This includes P&P world wide.

How ?

Send me an e-mail to flagsandthings@gmx.de with your name and address stating how many flags you would like for just 5 pounds each ! No Limit as long as stock lasts.
If anyone wants to pay in Euro then € 5,50 for each flag.
I shall confirm by return of e-mail that / if I still have enough stock to cover your order and send you my UK or German bank details as requested.
You must then deposit the appropriate amount in to my UK or German bank account.
I shall post you the flags the very next day after the money has arrived on my account.
It then takes about five days to the UK, longer to Canada, Australia etc.

In the near future whether because of the solar storms or because of the world economy or because of the weather, whatever the cause, we shall all need friends like never before ! Old soldiers, 'comrades', have a bond seldom found in civi-street and former soldiers are usually more practical in a crisis. Take this opportunity to contact old comrades, with or without a flag, you have nothing to loose and, perhaps, lots to gain.

My special thanks to those who have supported me, publicly and or privately. It's good to know that one has friends and who they are.

Stock up, stay at home when the problems start and so stay safe. Good luck to you one and all !

Bill Bentley

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Dear guys and gals,

a number of Hawks have already taken up my 'special offer' of owning their own copy of the Regimental Flag for just 5 pounds Sterling. Like all good things this offer has to come to an end; as Christmas is on its way I'm happy to let the offer run until the end of the working year ... So, orders placed before 23rd of December 2012 will go out at just 5 pounds per flag, including P&P !

To place an order just mail us at flagsandthings@gmx.de stating how many flags you would like and we shall reply giving you all other necessary details.

Thereafter the price will return to the correct price of 10 pounds Sterling per flag PLUS P&P !

The offer is of course subject to availability, once stock has been expended it is most unlikely that a reprint will follow, so it's a case of the early bird catching the worm or rather the quickest getting the HAWK !

Have a wonderful festive season and don't forget to make a joyous toast 'to absent friends' !

Bill

rick aindow
Service Details: 1965 - 1980 started with C Sqn, went to A Sqn on promotion, finished in HQ Sqn Families Office. Postings inc. Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, NI, Tidworth, Herford, Various annual Snow Queens, 63 Army Youth Team, RAC Display Team, Hohne, Bovington

Post by rick aindow » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:39 am

tropic small1.jpg
tropic small1.jpg (17.38 KiB) Viewed 4949 times
tropic small.jpg
Hawk on the Tropic of Capricorn Line
tropic small.jpg (14.21 KiB) Viewed 4949 times
The Hawk went on a weekend away in North Queensland, crossing the Tropic of Capricorn
From Brisbane Queensland, beautiful one day, perfect the next

Bulldog
Service Details: 1970-1993

Post by Bulldog » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Cheers Bill arrived today great service.

all the best

Dave & Diane

ps good idea Hawks Rest = Falke-Rest like it
Enjoy Life

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:22 am

Rick,

as much as you travel, lucky begger, you should make sure that you have a flag or two in reserve ... the 'special offer' is still on.

Dave,

My pleasure 'cheers' ... 'Eagles perch' ?

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:58 am

Dear all,

here at 'flags and things' we should like to thank you for your reaction to our offers over the past year and we wish you all a peaceful and healthy New Year and a safe 2013 !

Our copy of the Regimental Flag of the 14/20th Kings Hussars has sold so well that very little stock is left. (I believe Bob also still has just a few). As it is most unlikely that a reprint will be made, the few remaining flags hold a rather special 'rare collector status' and as such can no longer be discounted. The correct price is 10 pounds Sterling plus P&P which is still a very good offer for a low volume exclusive flag !

For those of you who have ordered in the past few days: we have posted all orders but due to the holidays delivery could take a little longer than usual. If anyone does not have their order by the middle of January, please be sure to get back to us and we shall follow things up.

Very best wishes

Bill Bentley

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin

Post by Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Trev Cull in Jamaica

Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Post by Bob_H » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:44 pm

This has to be the top achievement to date!

John & Olive Clements convinced the Ship's Captain that the Regimental Flag should fly from the main mast of the 'Thomson Celebration' during it's voyage out of Sharm el Sheik around the Red Sea.

Nice one John & Olive.
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Post by Bob_H » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:04 pm

New images added today. :)

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:42 am

Talking the ships captain into flying the flag is one thing. Who did you talk to John, to get the wind to blow in the right direction ? Excellent pictures !

Bob_H
Site Admin

Post by Bob_H » Fri May 17, 2013 7:06 am

The flag is on the move again. This time Jim and Su Thomas are at the Grand Canyon:

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Sat May 18, 2013 8:57 am

I spent some weeks around the Grand Canyon back in the early '80's and of course I popped into Vegas :D

Spending time at the Canyon changed my life, made me feel small and unimportant ! I spent a night or two down in the Bright Angle camp at the bottom of the canyon. On the way down and back up the track there are countless memorials to people who, having once visited, never could tear themselves away again. In the same year I was up at Niagra Falls and got the impression 'big deal it's a waterfall' ... the canyon had so changed my perspective on everything else that I ever saw and still does to this day !

I hope that you also went to see the Meteor Crater, also stunning the petrified forest and the caves which used to be an Indian burial site. The Indians threw their dead into a hole and believed 'they would live forever'. The modern dwellers of that country discovered that infact, the climate down in the caves was such that flesh did not rot. Bodies, hundreds of years old, were almost perfectly preserved. What did the yanks do ? They made it into an NBC bunker with supplies for several thousand people for several years. As very few people actually live in this region ... who do you think would be chosen to have a front seat ?

Thanks, Jim & Sue, for stiring up old memories ! I'm sure that you had a great and very memorable time.

Bill