Our Gurkha Friends

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Our Gurkha Friends

Post by Bob_H » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:54 pm

It seems that the Government have only partially answered the needs of the Gurkha soldiers who wish to take up residence in this country (about 100 will be affected by the new ruling by the Home Office!). Against the thousands of others that legally or illegally find their way into the country it is a disgraceful situation.

Could I request that all of our Members and Visitors sign up for the Gurkha Justice Campaign

Right-click on the link and select 'Open in new tab' or 'Open in new window'

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Re: Our Gurkha Friends

Post by Brian Moulton » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:51 pm

Couldn't agree more Bob, I'm ashamed of what this pack of politicians decide in our name. What a reward for those who have put themselves forward for our (not their) battles in comparison to the Indians thrown out of Uganda, Pakistani freeloaders and all the illegals from parts of the world who have done nothing at all for this country apart from take all the freebies they can get.

The sooner this lot are out of government, the better.

I'll be making sure that I'll be asking potential politicians (of all parties), what they intend to do about such subjects as the Ghurka question, the decisions by Scottish politicians that affect us English whilst their electorate are getting away with all sorts of hand outs not available to us.

Don't think the English are much better off than the Ghurkas.

Looks like we'll have to whinge a lot more.

And what about McGuiness and his death threats ? Suppose some squaddies will have to give him protection. Another joke. There's a good dozen or so in NI politics that should be exterminated.
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

paul
Service Details: 1974 jlr. 1975-1976 29cdo, 1976 -1987 14/20h, plymouth, bovington, hohne, NI, canada, catterick

Post by paul » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:47 am

i am disgusted by this government, they have betrayed the gurkhas and it is a disgrace that they do not show any loyalty to these brave and loyal soldiers. i have just signed up for the gurkha justice campain. i think that perhaps all of us ex-service men & women should band togeather and march on parliment in protest and support of our gurkha friends.

Prendo

Post by Prendo » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:38 am

Just read this article in The Times online ,
I think the Government have got something the wrong way around.
Thousands of parasites from all over the world pour into our Airports and Ferry terminals everyday,
with no intention of giving anything to benefit the Nation. They bring crime , terrorism, disease,s not normally associated with western Europe,try to destroy our way of life saying we are racist for singing a certain song, reading a certain book, celebrating our christian holidays, flying our flags, on our Saints days.
I could go on.
I have signed the petition, in full support of the Gurkhas, THEY have earned the right to be a citizen in our Country.

It,s time someone demanded an end to Brown the Clowns services, for which he has not delivered.
Anyone who is different from the ordinary is considered crazy, and I am happy to be considered so.
And Proud

FERDY
Site Admin
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

Post by FERDY » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Enough is Enough

Bring in the Gurkha's

DEPORT THE SHIRKER'S !!!!!

Signed up

Pete
If you can stay calm when all around you is in Chaos, Then you have not properly understood the Situation!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Post by Bob_H » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:29 pm

Pete! We've missed you. Where ya been?

Johnny Morris
Service Details: Served from 1967 - 1992
Served in all SQNS (I include C Sqn as I was SSM of it but we always referred to it as BMT Sqn)
Finished as RQMS in 1992 and served with the regiment in Paderborne, Hong Kong & Singapore, Hohne, N.I. Bovington and Warminster,
Catterick & Muenster and Iraq
Postings:Rheindahlen, DLOY(Preston & Swinton),BMATT - Zimbabwe.

Post by Johnny Morris » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:06 pm

I guess we just have to keep making our support for the gurkha cause felt and I would suggest contact your own local MP and ask what they plan to do about this injustice.

In the last 12 months I have begun to realise that these MP that we vote in every 4 or 5 years, actually will mostly do something if we pressure them to.

Johnny Morris

billy whittle
Service Details: 1970 - 1980. 'B'sqn HK and Herford and NI, 'HQ' sqn Herford and Bovington. 'Veh ' Sqn Bovington, 'D'sqn Hohne, and NI then 'HQ' sqn till demob,

Post by billy whittle » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:39 pm

Afternoon all, all the family signed up to it yesterday and like Johnnie says get in touch with your mp to ask what his stance is, I know I'll be writing to our local tosser sorry MP to ask him. It's about time they worked for there money. keep telling your mates to sign . atb Billy

JockH
Service Details: May 72--Nov 86

Post by JockH » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Where do we start, this beggars belief, our friends(The gurkas) would do anything that we asked of them and our so called govermant once again spin it totry and get the public to believe they will do the correct thing,but OH no another "U" turn and welching on their word. Iwould ask everybody to download a petition from the campaign site and tout it around your local Legion and pubs.C,m0n lads if anyone can do it the Hawks can. WE ALL OWE THEM A DEBT OF GRATITUDE! Good luck with your efforts and all the breast. :x :x :x

Butch

Post by Butch » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:37 pm

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH EVERY THING THATS BEEN SAID, WE OWE THE GURKHAS A GREAT MORE RESPECT THEN THEY ARE BEING SHOWN. I HAVE BEEN GIVING PEOPLE EARACHE ABOUT THERE TREATMENT FOR QUITE SOME TIME I LIKE THE GREAT SLOGAN SHIRKERS OUT, GURKHAS IN YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT. BUTCH EX C SQDN ONE OF BILLYS BOYS 59-68