Derrick Marshall

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
Sheriff Marshall
Service Details: 1975 - 1997

Derrick Marshall

Post by Sheriff Marshall » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:45 am

This as to be going back some years; This Derrick Marshall came from Bacup and is/was a friend of my Uncle Tom (also Marshall from Bacup). He was born in 1934 making him around 75 now. All my Uncle could recall was that he went into a Hussars Regiment from Lancashire.
I know that Howard Marshall's (of the 1980s period) father was in the regiment but don't know if this is the same person.

Do any of you know him? Or is there anybody out there that as access to Regimental archives and can look up Regimental personnel 1950s - 1960s
if nothing else I have my humor

williamo
Service Details: Regimental Band.
1951-1964.
Crookham,Sabratha,Kneller Hall, Piddlehinton, Munster, Hohne, Berlin, Bengazi, Bovington.

Re: Derrick Marshall

Post by williamo » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Sheriff Marshall wrote:This as to be going back some years; This Derrick Marshall came from Bacup and is/was a friend of my Uncle Tom (also Marshall from Bacup). He was born in 1934 making him around 75 now. All my Uncle could recall was that he went into a Hussars Regiment from Lancashire.
I know that Howard Marshall's (of the 1980s period) father was in the regiment but don't know if this is the same person.

Do any of you know him? Or is there anybody out there that as access to Regimental archives and can look up Regimental personnel 1950s - 1960s
Sgt.Ben & Julie Marshall lived next door to us in Hohne, they eventually had three children,a little girl who's name eludes us, Lee,who sadly died, and Howard, who later served in the Regiment. Lost touch with them after demob, but I heard Lee's death effected Ben very hard and he had a difficult time. A lovely family and lovely neighbours,true Hawks.

BERNIE HARRINGTON

Post by BERNIE HARRINGTON » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:48 pm

ben marshall came from redcar and was very proud of it . he was c sqd ssm when i left in 69. bernie

Sheriff Marshall
Service Details: 1975 - 1997

Post by Sheriff Marshall » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:03 pm

Thanks for your quick responces both Williamo and Bernie. Howard moved to New Zealand in the 80s and when I went out there he had set up his own business as a Diesal fitter just outside Wellington, he too seems to have severed all tights with his Regimental past, (This is just one of the reasons this site is so bloody good!) I did have a feeling it wasn't Ben Marshall but couldn't recall this name having never met him.

Thanks again
Sheriff
if nothing else I have my humor