Lou and Doris Hartin

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Lou and Doris Hartin

Post by Bob_H » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:04 am

Some of you may have seen the Topic in 'Where are They Now' that tells that Lou Hartin is not very well and is hoping that one or two of his old muckers can get in touch.

I've also just received this from Doris, which I find very touching:

"Hi Bob,Thank you, perhaps some may remember some of this.
While in the Desert Lou and some of the mates were told they would have to do Target Practice and an old truck was used with a target towed behind, all were ready and a voice came out never mind the target hit the truck,the driver moved rather quick.
I grew up in a Home Guard Head Quarters so I can see this in my minds eye, of course I have told it a lot cleaner than Lou told it to me! My Dad was in both wars and wounded and was an Army man all his life, he joined up as a boy and after WW1 he joined again and again and was called up for WW2 and when his age was found out he was discharged over and over again, eventually he was given a job as Caretaker at Hackbridge Drill Hall and spent the rest of his life there. He was given a Military Funeral.
Quite proud of my old Dad, Thank you again Bob. Lou is no better, Memory is very scarce, Doris Hartin
"

sweetpea
Service Details: Jan 1971-1977
B sqd 2nd troop Honk Kong,Herford, stables
C sqd sqms Cyprus UN
Bovington

Re: Lou and Doris Hartin

Post by sweetpea » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:06 am

Although I don't know Lou personally, I hope he gets well soon, and your Dad sounds quite a guy :)
Northern boys love gravy

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin

Re: Lou and Doris Hartin

Post by Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:52 am

Bob
I drive through Hackbridge on my way to work every day The drill hall was the home of 327 Coy 31st Searchlight Battilion RE (6th City of London Rifles)during WW2.
Phil