Forthcoming departure of another Hussar

ANY PROBLEMS WHEN ATTEMPTING TO LOG IN? Mobile Phone view okay?
steve wheeler
Service Details: Joined Tidworth 1971 Hong Kong 71-73 Herford 73-75 Bovington 75-77
Hohne 77-85 Catterick 85-87 Bovington 87-89 Berlin 89-92 Bovington 92 for demob
Sqns B, HQ, B, Training D&M, Finally C sqn.

Re: Forthcoming departure of another Hussar

Post by steve wheeler » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:13 pm

Brian, I am so sorry to hear your news but I admire your strength in the face of it. You were my Troop Sgt in Newtown hamilton in '73 and my boss again in '90. i was always glad to have counted you amongst my friends. i hope to see you again in Blackpool but in the meantime stay strong for Denny. My thoughts are with you and your family

Stitches

stenson
Service Details: My ex husband Alan Stenson was in the regiment. he sadly passed away on 1st November 2009. I would like to join Noahs Arc.

Post by stenson » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Brian. You welcomed myself and my daughter at the reunion back in 2010 and you said lovely things about Alan Stenson. Thankyou for making us feel very welcome and part of the regimental family once again. Sending you and your lovely family lots of love x

Arnie
Service Details: 14/20H, 1959-1962 Hohne, Munchen Gladbach, 1962-1964 Benghazi, Cyprus and Tripoli. 1965-1967 7 Armd Bde Soltau.
Tranferred into Int Corps. 1967-1970 NI, 1970-1971 Singapore, 1971-1972 HK,1972-1974 NI, 1974-1976 NITAT(UK), 1976-1979 Berlin, 1979-1981 Preston. 1981 Retired

Post by Arnie » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:42 am

Hi Brian,

am very, very, saddened to hear the news. My sincere best wishes you and your family.
Hope I have the courage and fortitude to face my end as well as you are.
;Stiff upper lip don't cover it, backbone does.

Best wishes,

Arnie :( :( :( :( :(

sweetpea
Service Details: Jan 1971-1977
B sqd 2nd troop Honk Kong,Herford, stables
C sqd sqms Cyprus UN
Bovington

Post by sweetpea » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:19 pm

What can I add to what has already been said, your courage shine through. May God watch over you and your family at this desperate time.
One of the true greats and a nice man too.

Sweetpea
Northern boys love gravy

Ian Neilson
Service Details: JLR Bovington 1961, A Squadron 14/20H Benghazi, Tripoli, UN Cyprus, Perham Down, Paderborn. Civvy Street for a while. Rejoined 1975 14/20H B Squadron Hereford, posted AAC Middle Wallop, Munster, Long Kesh NI, Munster, Omagh NI, Munster, Bovington 1980 demob.

Post by Ian Neilson » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Brian,
Having just returned from a trip to read your posting is a terrible shock.Telling us all of your sad news in this way is exactly the brave action I would expect of a man of your calibre.
We were friends so long ago when we were still teenagers. Around 50 years ago you used to visit us in Crewe where you were welcomed at Gary Bells house like another long lost son.

A few years later I took a different path in life but the Hussar bond was reestablished later through NOAHS ARK thanks to Bob Harrison.

Eight years ago I passed through the final darkness three times but came back to the light by the skill of medics. The support by Noahs Ark members was a great comfort. The experience taught me not to fear death but to be thankful for the life we have enjoyed already. It is a fact that none of us get out alive, we just have a different timetable.

Margaret and I are gutted by your situation and can only send our hope for a peaceful end. Our best wishes in eternity Brian.

Ian and Margaret Neilson

Jim Higgins
Service Details: 1967 - 1976 - A Sqn 1973; HQ 1 DIv 1975; C Sqn 1976

Post by Jim Higgins » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:03 pm

Hello Brian,
During my time in A Sqn from '67 to '73, you were a very positive and memorable presence. One of those people who was always very professional, with the ability to be liked and get on with everyone and at the same time having a lot of fun. Even though there are not that many years between us I recall you as a really cool guy and someone to look up to. Many years later in the most trying of times for you and your family you are still doing things with your own style and humour and at the same time inspiring others.
Please accept my very best wishes to you and your loved ones for now and in the future.
Jim

JOE90
Service Details: 1969-1992

Post by JOE90 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:08 pm

DEVESTED TO HEAR NEWS, I WAS PROUD TO HAVE BEEN YOUR DRIVERI IN HOHNE AND IN GULF WAR, BUT ITS BEEN A PRIVILEDGE KNOWING YOU BRIAN. YOU ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS JOE AND GLENDA McCORMACK

mini Drac
Service Details: Dependant

Post by mini Drac » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:39 pm

Many thanks for the kind words written by the Hawks about this sad (and personally devastating) announcement from my dad. It's nice to know that he's not just amazing and awesome in my eyes. I think we can all be satisfied that when we get to that great land of peace in the sky, the pearly gates will never have shone so brightly. He will have made those lazy angels get off their asses and bull the brass to a parade boot shine! Once an RSM, always an RSM. And ah, and the dolcet tones that will ring in our ears......'Move it La.....!!!!' (and that's just to our family!)
However, as my dad is going before me - the selfish git - he can get the first round in, mine's a pint of port.

Ron Flowers
Service Details: JLR 65-67
A Sqn
D Sqn
Lulworth Sqn
Recruit Selection Centre PS
63 AYT

Post by Ron Flowers » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:59 pm

Like father like daughter. Nicely done Natalie ( Mini DRAC )
Cheers Ron

Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Post by Bob_H » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Natalie,

Thank you.

It's taken him ten years to give up typing everything in capital letters. He's not readily going to give up anything :)
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Post by Bill Bentley » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Dear mini DRAC, (Natalie),

it looks like your old man donated his spunk in more ways than one to muster a child like you.
By your words I can see that you are a chip off the old block; ! A PINT OF PORT :shock: !

Where were you when I was still foot loose and fancy free ?
Lucky for both of us that I am very happily married ...

(If anything is going to get Brian back up on his feet it will be to keep the likes of me away from his daughter)!

Our thoughts and best wishes are with you all, Bill & Rahi
PS. Natalie, check out: General Chat - Anyone for poetry - Natalie said:

Shep
Site Admin
Service Details: 1970-1990
C A & Hq Sqn

Post by Shep » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:18 pm

You may not remember me Natalie your dad was my boss at least 4 times and your defo a chip off the old block with the delicasy of your Mum
Just keep him on his toes please

Shep
The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect different results

mini Drac
Service Details: Dependant

Post by mini Drac » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:26 pm

To Bill Bentley

LOVE the poem, that one's being copied (and correctly attributed!) and passed on to family and friends, thanks!

Bob Riley
Service Details: A sqn Warminster\Hohne..D sqn Hohne .....C sqn Hohne

Post by Bob Riley » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Brian....been with the Big C now 5 years in treatment etc...I will see you at Blackpool.....you take have great Xmas and a better new ....as the man you put one foot in front of the other......Best wishes to You and the Family
Bob Riley

Jim Harrison
Service Details: 23955252 Cpl J A Harrison served in 14th/20th from 17th April 1963 to 29 May 1981

Post by Jim Harrison » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:00 pm

I’ll always remember the times I spent with you, Pete Stuffings, Geoff
Hutch, Ron Flowers and late great Mick Herbert at the Bahnhof in
Sennelarger.
Stay Strong Jim Harrison