The big tour

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Re: The big tour

Post by PINKY » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi Mick,
Simply put - I don’t golf.
Heaters - never used in my time.
Not in Hohne or Berlin, I recall seeing them but we never used them if I had to guess I think they caused problems like over loading a system or blowing fuses or breakers!
So we too suffered like the Cent crews, different today CR2 has a/c and heaters fitted.
New Years Eve 2017 was -39 in my town, stayed home and stayed warm!!
Pinky

PINKY

Post by PINKY » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:17 pm

83E8EED8-2579-4530-AD5A-37D596E90D5F.png
83E8EED8-2579-4530-AD5A-37D596E90D5F.png (2.26 MiB) Viewed 246 times

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Post by Bill Bentley » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:58 am

Hope you liked the pictures Mick,

We already had -6°C last night, -10 is common, -15 is regular and it gets down to -25 on occasions, but -39 is hard core; you'd better watch out for your Pinky, Pinky ! :lol: :lol:

My problem with the cold is an old leg injury, which caused poor circulation and so cold hurts these days. I also got frost bite whilst climbing the Djbel Toubkal (alone), North Africa's highest mountain. Not technically at all difficult but alone is always risky. Our place is beautifully warm, indoors, but I always was an outdoors type and winters can be a bit long to just sit around our log fire.

How did you get that rather brilliant picture posted ? I have spent ages pfaffing around and nothing seems to work, bloody high tech, give me a hammer and a nail any day; ah forget it, after five op's on my hands I can't even hold a hammer properly either anymore. Paying for a miss spent youth and all my other madnesses is turning into being a tough call. Been sat up since midnight because the bloody dope ain't working, probably a f'in placebo and some quack is laughing his socks off in his Merc.

Did you hear about that ? A Dr. Chemist, here, actually watered down peoples Chemo drugs, stretching them just to make ever more money. I can't understand people who refuse capital punishment for the likes of him. They can't prove that he actually caused all of his patients to die but many hundreds, who were in his care, did :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And what about Mrs May, she is certainly taking some stick, tough old bird, you have to give her that !
I always was for Brexit and, as I see it, she has given her all and at least come up with something. Those knocking her have nothing in their hands to offer Joe public and Corbyn is slagging it/her off and admitted on TV that he hadn't even read the full text, just other peoples summaries. It seems to me that a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush and any deal is better than other peoples unrealistic dreams ! If she gets voted down and it all falls through 17 + million voters are going to be very upset.

It's all a bag of worms here too. Merkel is dead but won't lie down, she just keeps on lying. Macron has totally lost the support of his own people, while aiming to be the Emperor of Europe. Catalonia is still very much for leaving Spain. The Poles are being quite rebellious against Europe. Italy is a mess and Greece has sold its future to the German banks, who still have more debt than cash ! Where will it all end ?

If Brexit goes sideways Europe will sink ! Better get off this sinking ship a.s.a.p.. What's all that talk of food and medicine shortages ? Does that not prove how important it is to be independent ... surely all medicines can be made in the UK !!!! And everyone can live without tasteless tomatoes and poisonous oranges for a while, or not ? Poor bloody moaners will just have to eat pineapple and mango's instead.

So, going to do myself some milk and honey and pretend life is really tough and moan about some snowflake pansy's for a change.

PINKY

Post by PINKY » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi Bill
When you hit post reply underneath on the left is attachment, select that - then choose to browse or upload from pictures or a library etc. Select picture - put in line and it should up load. From a computer you can also copy and paste or right click and drag/ drop.
Hope that helps
Pinky

sammy
Service Details: Joined at Bengarzi Jan 1964 served with A Squadron until May 1973

Post by sammy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:54 am

Bill, Sorry to hear of you accident but pleased to hear that you are both on the way to recovery. You certainly seem to be keeping up all the current affairs re political situation, the latest that I have heard is that Macron is going to veto the deal unless we give his fishermen full fishing rights in our waters, I wonder what else the other 27 will want to take, I cannot see the 27 agree to anything, so much for their unity.
Sammy

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Post by Bill Bentley » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:33 am

Thanks Pinky,

I suspect that my camera has been set to a very high quality picture and so holds too much data to be posted in the way that you suggest, I have tried several times, must reprogram the camera me thinks.

Sammy,

The Spaniards want special concessions regarding Gibraltar, the Portuguese also want fishing rights in our waters, the Poles want Donald Tusk to take over from Mrs. May. The French and Italians are competing to support opposite sides in the battle for Tripoli, hoping to gain oil drilling rights afterwards. There is no unity within the EU, that is why we must leave !

Still, and I quote Mrs May: "The world of business may be changing but our geography is not" ! Anyone who thinks that it is cheaper to get goods from New Zealand or the USA or China, than from Europe, is fooling themselves. Because the real cost is to the environment - burning fossil fuels, dirty oil, which ships still use. Polluting the air that we all need to breathe and spewing waste oils and plastics into the seas, water, which we all need to drink. Aircraft are no better !

So it is important that we have an agreement with Europe, because if we do not, Europe will collapse without our support and they will then hate us even more than they already do. It can not be clever to shit on your neighbours doorstep when he is 5 times your size and has infinitely more resources :shock: