European Xmas

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

European Xmas

Post by Bill Bentley » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:31 pm

It rather looks like the peoples of Europe don't like the so called 'European Project', which, in my opinion, is a good thing. The club of trading nations which we (the UK) joined in the early '70's has got little to do with the totalitarian, despotic, union that Europe has become. The UK with its Brexit has given other nations the courage to stand up to the (want to be's) elite club of power hungry lunatics that think only their ideas are good. Brussels is a cesspit of megalomaniacs who want to rule without any democratic authority.
France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Hungry, Poland and I sincerely hope Germany will soon all want a return to a 'free trade zone' without the political dominance of a non-elected council.

I have said it before and I think it is worth repeating, moving slowly, cautiously forwards towards Brexit is good for us Brit's, because in just a few months we shall be dealing with an entirely different group of european leaders who will want to leave doors open for their own exit from the union and so perhaps be more sympathetic towards us. For us it is in fact somewhat easier because we don't have to break with the Euro at the same time.

If countries like Greece and Spain were allowed to leave the Euro-zone, they would again flourish with a devalued currency which makes it cheaper for others to go there on holiday. But the leaders of such countries have not had the courage that the British public showed !

I find the British main stream press to be as untruthful as the German 'Lugen Presse' because they do not report objectively. Their reports are sickeningly one sided which distorts the truth beyond belief. In the UK the Supreme Court is currently debating the Governments Right to implement article 50; I do hope that they decide that the Government has the Right otherwise it will become impossible to fulfill the obligation of the Government ... to implement the will of the majority of the peoples of the UK.

All of this coupled with the Black on White (sorry about the bad pun) happenings in the USA make the next few months critical for the future wellbeing of the western world, I just wonder what we will be facing this time next year ?

I'm more optimistic than I was this time last year so Merry Xmas to one and all ...

Service Details: Jan 75 -- Aug 87 Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne NI Catterick

Re: European Xmas

Post by 27 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:14 am

Bill

Even you great leader Angela Meercat has said she wants to ban the burka, Is this a sign of things to come?

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi 27,

it just goes to show how flexible people like her can be ... to try and win an election, they will stop at nothing to stay in power. Luckily for us, Jo Blogs and Co., she, they, don't have an f'in clue about 'real life' and so ... AS LONG AS PEOPLE GET OFF THEIR ARSES AND VOTE, she, they, should loose. Now this is not just about Merkel, this is 'Project Europe' which is a sort of game being played by the super rich, the same people who make money out of wars and 'short term employment contracts' and 'no hour jobs' and the like.

Like the people who have privatized the Water, Electricity and Gas Companies. Electricity in Greenland costs about 5 cents/kwh to produce, the companies sell it for about 8 cents and make a very comfortable profit. In Germany we pay about 35 cents, almost nobody can live without electricity these days, where does all of the profit go ? It's the same with water, gas, oil, food, those things that you can't hardly do without.

Since the Brexit vote I loose about 20% on my monthly transfers from the UK, but I am still for Brexit and I will support anybody who wants to regain their own national identity. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your nation ! Unless of course you support 'Project Europe' the aim of which is to mix all peoples together, setting them at each others throats because the one will work cheaper than the other. The poor bloody Greeks, Spaniards and Poles who move to the richer regions hoping to make an honest penny and so undercutting the old workforce and so causing hostility. This gives the powers that be the opportunity to increase security - which in clear text means - reducing your hard earned freedom. We common people were not always free and did not always have Rights and that's what the argument is about 'our loss of freedom and Rights', not about the poor bloody foreigners !

Unfortunately I see no solution because THEY have made the situation deliberately very complicated so that straight thinking people have trouble understanding just what the hell is going on. The Supreme Court this week have been babbling on about events and statements in the 17th century which should apparently have some relevance as to whether todays government is allowed to make decisions on behalf of the majority of the peoples. Frankly it's a bag of worms and it needs cleaning up, turn over a new page and rewrite the bloody lot, in words that everyone can understand.

But it won't happen !

We are about to celebrate the mass of Christ, the son of God, an illusion which no clear thinking person can believe in. Science and archeology have disproven just about everything that the bible has spent a couple of thousand years indoctrinating us all with and what do we do ? Most of you put up a Christmas Tree and cover it with tinsel and give each other expensive presents, many even going into debt ! Now while I take the bible with a pinch of salt, I know of no part of the text that says 'give more than you can afford' or hack a tree down and garnish it with crap ... in Gods name ? I don't think so. Please, don't get me started on Father Christmas. Perhaps we are all just the victim of our own selves.

Now what was your question again ? Ah 'mmm the answer is YES, the powers that be want us to have a world war killing millions of people and putting trillions more Pounds, Dollars and Euro's into their own pockets, banning the Burka is a step in that direction; or does anybody think that our dear friends the Saudi's will remove their masks without a fight ?

Enjoy the festive season, I'll be preparing a couple of chickens for the pot, anybody need any feathers ?

sammy
Service Details: Joined at Bengarzi Jan 1964 served with A Squadron until May 1973

Post by sammy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:15 am

Bill sorry to hear your comments on the bible, but each to their own. However I think that you will find that much of what is written in the bible about places and events can be proved by archaeology, always depending upon the stance taken by the writer, neutral writers and archaeologist. and pure scientists support much of it.(I am not by the way a 7 day creationist but I do believe in a designer) Secular writers and renowned scientist, historians and philosopher's of the day wrote about events in the bible, these people were the intellects of their day , they were Greeks of no faith and no interest in pushing any faith but wrote with an honest intent. By the way modern historians and scientists accept everything else that they wrote but just question one small section.
Enough of that, I read your comments on the political problems that beset us with great interest, shame that you never got yourself into politics, with people thinking like you in power, the world may have been in a better place.
I hope and wish you and all other members of this site a happy and joyous Christmas.
Sammy

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:33 pm

Sammy,

many thanks for your input. It's good that I didn't go into politics, I'm too honest and I'm probably as uncouth as Donald Trump if not nearly as unfaithful. I'm sure you are right about the bible, perhaps I should have said 'how it has been misrepresented by the power hungry'. Sorry, no offense intended ! A dear friend of mine is a Theologian at Oxford University and he is always telling me that I am 'a good Christian', it's the only thing that we argue about because I know that I am heathen scum.

I have been in Bethlehem on Christmas Eve, appropriately there was no room at the Inn, not even a stable. Because it was pouring down we slept in a wrecked car on a rubbish dump, no Christian or Jew offered us even a kind word. The next morning an Arab family invited us to share their meagre breakfast with them, there are good people in this world.

It would be grand chatting over a beer, I'm always looking for enlightenment, but tell me, those Greeks that wrote the bible, was it not some 300 years after the event ? Not that that takes away the essence of the teachings for there is much description of understandable ecological disasters due to overpopulation and mismanagement; not all that different from our modern times eh !

I also wish you and yours a joyous Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.

Bill

Arnie
Service Details: 14/20H, 1959-1962 Hohne, Munchen Gladbach, 1962-1964 Benghazi, Cyprus and Tripoli. 1965-1967 7 Armd Bde Soltau.
Tranferred into Int Corps. 1967-1970 NI, 1970-1971 Singapore, 1971-1972 HK,1972-1974 NI, 1974-1976 NITAT(UK), 1976-1979 Berlin, 1979-1981 Preston. 1981 Retired

Post by Arnie » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi Yall,

I think I've already wished you all a MERRY XMAS and a Happy and prosperous NEW YEAR, but will repeat it again in the foregoing words.
Bill, I agree with Sammy, except about religion, you should have gone into Politics. If you put the same efforts and intellect, into politics as you did your military career you would have been fantastic. Everybody on here knows my feelings on religion, so I wont repeat it all save to say Bill is right about the people who start a religion are only after POWER. Power over the, (originally) un-educated masses. Its the modern day people, faced with all the scientific evidence I cant understand, still believing in it.
Anyway Bill your analysis of the state of politics in Europe seem to make sense to me.

Seasons Greetings to you all.

Brenda and Arnie :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hawk195
Service Details: 14th/20th Kings Hussars 1960 to 1973

Post by Hawk195 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi All
Anyone out there tell me if Paul Nutter UKIP was in the Regiment?
A word is enough for a wise man

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Post by PINKY » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:22 am

There was a Paul Nutter in the regt. He was around in the 70s-80s. Was into martial arts and was a clerk, finished as a Sgt I think. Good bloke.
ATB
Pinky

Hawk195

Post by Hawk195 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:56 pm

Thanks Pinky

I thought I was going round the twist, If I am right I think he was a mate of our John. It could be him I think he lived in Warrington.

Tony

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:47 am

Arnie,

POLITICS ... don't do this to me ... I have enough crosses to bear :lol: :lol:

Tony,

you are right that your John and Paul Nutter, myself and Mac Hutchinson were very good friends. Fighting was our passion and each of us was particularly good in our own field. The skills that we cross taught each other made us unable to 'fight cleanly' following the rules of any of the recognized martial arts. Just to test our skill we used to bounce in some cellar disco opposite the camp (Höhne). I think it was appropriately called The Snake Pit and we often had to stand off entire rugby teams and sometimes their fans as well ! Thanks to Waggy we had our own Dojo in the attic of one of the blocks where training of a quality that I have never experience anywhere else (except with hand held firearms, but that's another story) was finely tuned. Ah, the good old days :wink:

But I think that you will find that the UKIP guy is called Paul Nutall, in any event not our Paul Nutter. I have listened to him a couple of times and he sounds like a clear thinking fellow ... we shall see.

I was going to wish everyone a Merry Xmas and a New Year that you can't remember (hic). Then I heard the news this morning: Sweden is preparing for war with Russia and, I didn't know this, Russia and Japan are 'still at war' having never signed a peace treaty after WWII. Putin is over there, in Japan, trying to sort this out ... preparing to work towards ending the war !!! Of course this will piss the yanks off big time because they see Japan as their shining light in the far east. (They don't really like Korea because they lost that war and that nasty man in the Philippines called Obama 'a lying son of a bitch', so who else is there ?)

Perhaps we should all be well advised to make the very most of THIS festive season :shock: :shock:

Hawk195

Post by Hawk195 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:19 am

Hi Bill

Thanks for our moment in History story, I will look forward to seeing if we can call you Nostradamus 2over the coming Year. I saw john at the Manchester 11th service for the first time in 5 Years. He uses the Facebook page.
I will at this stage wish all of you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Tony

rick aindow
Service Details: 1965 - 1980 started with C Sqn, went to A Sqn on promotion, finished in HQ Sqn Families Office. Postings inc. Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, NI, Tidworth, Herford, Various annual Snow Queens, 63 Army Youth Team, RAC Display Team, Hohne, Bovington

Post by rick aindow » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:25 am

Hey Bill,
Hope you were not affected by the Christmas Markets incident in Berlin?

Best wishes
Rick
From Brisbane Queensland, beautiful one day, perfect the next

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:25 am

We are well, thanks for asking Rick,

still not heard from all of our friends and family but remain optimistic.

Here's wishing you and yours,
Arnie & Brenda and theirs, a safe and happy xmas and a peaceful New Year !