Kipling, Europe and Brexit

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Arnie
Service Details: 14/20H, 1959-1962 Hohne, Munchen Gladbach, 1962-1964 Benghazi, Cyprus and Tripoli. 1965-1967 7 Armd Bde Soltau.
Tranferred into Int Corps. 1967-1970 NI, 1970-1971 Singapore, 1971-1972 HK,1972-1974 NI, 1974-1976 NITAT(UK), 1976-1979 Berlin, 1979-1981 Preston. 1981 Retired

Re: Kipling, Europe and Brexit

Post by Arnie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi Allen1, my memory, I presume, is as old as yours tells me that B Sqn were in Smuts Barracks, Co-located with the Prison. Just thought I would clear that small point.

Arnie :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Post by Bill Bentley » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi Allen 1,

I see you are also down south, just around the corner from Arnie. So what's it like in N.Z. ? I'm guessing some might want to move there if THEY decide to try and overturn the BREXIT vote.

The european politicians are becoming a laughing stock: Tusk, who was warning us Brits that we had to do what Europe wanted, or get thrashed, is himself now warning the EU that Poland might also leave the EU. Napoleon has also been quoted as saying: 'if the French had a referendum they might also vote to leave the EU'. In fact, the only countries who are happy to remain in the EU are those that get more out than they put in, which is about 20 of the 27+1 member states. The Jerry's are expected to fund it all on their own, now that we Brit's are leaving, and Mutti still wants to save the rest of Africa's over population, but she can't even form a government; keep an eye on that one it's not over yet.

Africa's population, in spite of war, starvation and natural disasters worse than anything Europe has ever seen, continues to increase by about A MILLION PER WEEK. Yes, over 50 MILLION per year !!!!!
At the same time Cape Town is set to run out of water within just a few weeks, then, I expect, the shit will hit the fan.

NZ is a bit off the beaten track but it's starting to look like earthquakes and the like are going to be more manageable than what's on its way to Europe.

Whatever happens, enjoy our best wishes from Europe ...

allen1
Service Details: Joined Regiment 1958. Posted to 'B' Sqn, Berlin. 1960 Posted to D&M Bovington. 1961 To Bulford then to Tripoli. Demob 1964.

Post by allen1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:38 pm

Thanks Bill. I moved here after leaving the regiment and haven't regretted one minute. I spent 11 years in the NZ Territorials(Engineers) so got to understand the way of thinking. great country, great people. I am watching the Brexit saga closely and am amazed at the crap the PM is putting up with. She really needs someone to put a bit of backbone into her in dealing with Juncker and co'. I truly hope that there is no backtracking on getting out. I can assure you that if NZ and Australia could overcome the 1973 blow when Heath ditched us you are in a much better position to succeed. As the Maori say here "Kia Kaha". Allen.

Arnie
Service Details: 14/20H, 1959-1962 Hohne, Munchen Gladbach, 1962-1964 Benghazi, Cyprus and Tripoli. 1965-1967 7 Armd Bde Soltau.
Tranferred into Int Corps. 1967-1970 NI, 1970-1971 Singapore, 1971-1972 HK,1972-1974 NI, 1974-1976 NITAT(UK), 1976-1979 Berlin, 1979-1981 Preston. 1981 Retired

Post by Arnie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi Yall,

just one point to consider about the big SCAM of Climate Change, yes they had to change the wording from 'Global Warming" after the globe proved their, the Climate Scientists (supposedly), statistical predictions to be "Pie In the Sky". (Note: Early in Barry Soetoro's illegal Presidency he allocated $4Bn US for scientific research into Global Warming, and it's successor Climate Change. Any Scientist wishing to get a grant from the Government knew enough to put into an application for, said grant, that it was about 'The Scam' and he was assured of said grant. So proponents of said Scam, could claim 97% of Scientists supported the statistics. Literally thousands of Scientists, particularly Climatological Scientists have signed affidavits refuting this claim.
A good example of the ridiculous claims made by the Scam proponents is that the seas will rise by 20 feet by 2050. Saw a Billionaire (50 Bn) on a TV panel absolutely roast a questioner (Tree Hugger) with just 2 points.
1. He said, quite honestly, that the only thing he thought of when talking of Al Gore, was that he envied him, FOR HAVING THOUGHT OF THE SCAM BEFORE HE DID.
2. He then mentioned the point I started to tell you about in line 1, above. First he explained that a study of a Geographical map of the US indicates that a considerable portion of the Continental area of the USA, about a 33% of the country, most of it in the Southeast (Florida in particular) would be very deep under water if this happens. He then explained that some of the greediest, and shrewdest men on Earth, are in the Banking Industry. Almost all of the MOST expensive Condos and Real Estate in Florida would be underwater, and that never, never, in a million years would they speculate on giving ANYBODY a mortgage on any waterside property if there was even the REMOTEST chance of this happening.
Think about it, its nonsense.

Arnie (Not a Tree Hugger) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hawk195
Service Details: 14th/20th Kings Hussars 1960 to 1973

Post by Hawk195 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:47 am

Hi All
An interesting point here is what is the AE array in Alaska doing. It is said that it is just an array testing radio signals, it as also been said that it is a way of altering weather. which is it? Is it possible that radio signals can change the weather in the direction the arrays are pointing. It is not known whether the arrays can be redirected. From what I have read it is a military compound and I agree with the security at any military establishment. But if it could be used for changing the weather it could be a boon for people around the world or a problem in event of war depending on which side you are on.
A word is enough for a wise man

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Post by Bill Bentley » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Arnie,

of course I'm still glad that you are alive, even if we choose to utterly disagree on the subject of climate change. In my opinion there can be no question as to the reality of climate change, the climate is changing ! I have never heard of a 20 foot rise in the sea water levels by 2050, more like 20 cm and this will happen. Almost all glaciers are retreating and drinking water will become ever scarcer, ask the people in Cape Town. And yes it is down to human activity, alone the number of humans breathing, the fossil energy's that we all burn for cooking and driving around etc. etc. release CO2 that has been locked in for countless thousands of years. And the destruction of nature by FARMERS trying to feed the masses, builders trying to house them etc. etc.. It will all end in disaster because almost nobody is willing to face up to reality: there are too many humans on the planet ... and not enough trees to hug :lol: :lol: :lol: !

Would billionaires and bankers lend money in spite of the obvious risks ?
Do junkies take drugs in spite of the KNOWN risk ?
Did we never drink 'one over the eight' knowing full well that we would suffer because of it ?

Tony,
I have also seen a few reports about the ae's and I suspect that they can affect the weather, after all, it's all electro magnetic ... mumbo jumbo. The problem is, as is so often the case when we humans mess around with nature, the effects are unpredictable. It could mean more rain where there is already too much and less where there is too little. Does that ring any bells ?

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:57 pm

Short reply Bill, we will agree to differ!

Arnie :D :D :D :D :D :D