Search found 45 matches

Return

by Arnie
Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tony Blair

Hi Bill, thanks for that compliment about a career on the stage. While I was with NITAT I used to give lectures on believe it or not, "Terrorist Recognition'. It was a subject dreamed up by the powers that be in 1974. I was called to Salisbury and asked, as somebody who had done 4 years in NI, wheth...
by Brian Moulton
Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:31 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Charlie Anthony Cornes RIP

His real name was Anthony Francis Cornes, "Charlie" was a nickname given by members of the regiment and stuck. Visiting him on Tuesday afternoon in Pendle Community Hospital, I asked a nurse on the ward where I could find Tony Cornes, she looked at me blankly and only when I said "He is probably on ...
by
Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the somme

100 years ago today the carnage of the battle started. my grandad sgt bill was there with the 8th manchester's ,he was wounded and sent home. but was sent back before the battle ended. later in the war he was gassed. and again went back to the war. his brother was killed at gallipoli. at the end of ...
by mick burgess
Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Charlie Anthony Cornes RIP

Another true regimental character leaving the family, one of my recollections of Charlie was when we were in Belfast Albert street mill A Sqn he was SHQ Tp Sgt. Charlie came into my office and said he was going up to raise the Sqn flag shortly after there was a burst of gun fire Charlie lying flat o...
by Bill Bentley
Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where has everybody gone

Wow Mick, you wrote it all so quickly and, I am glad, proud to say that I knew 7 of the 9 names that you mentioned, dare I even say that one was a friend (not the sort of thing one normally says about RSM's ex-RSM's :lol: ). That said, your memory is slipping as at least one name is missing: Skip Ra...
by Bill Bentley
Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: An Update On The Regimental Museum In Lancashire (taken from the Regimental Newsletter)

Yes, just received the newsletter per e-mail and read this surprisingly very good news. No doubt there will be a lot to do just keeping the listed buildings in shape let alone running the museum(s). Wish I lived in the UK and could somehow lend a hand; best I can do will be to send a few bob to supp...
by mick burgess
Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Christmas

Hi Paul and all members of this special club we would like to thankyou for all your efforts to keep this site going in 2016 and all the behind the scenes graft to keep NOARS ARC up and running.
Hope you and your families have a great XMAS health and happiness for 22017 Mick/Marion :lol: :roll:
by 27
Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: An Update On The Regimental Museum In Lancashire (taken from the Regimental Newsletter)

Fred

Has anyone tried to get money from the national lottery :?: they always seem to sling money at all different classes of people. But saying that we are ex forces so there might be a few objections. :( :( :(

by sammy
Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for your help in keeping this website in use, I firmly believe that this site is far better than any other site I have ever visited or used, it is a great pity that it is no longer seen as our main way of communicating with each other. Well done Paul
Sammy
by mick burgess
Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You both echo my feelings as well keep trying Paul I am positive some of our aged Hawks like me will keep using this site. My grandkids tell me I should move with the times and get "Twitter, Face Book " etc never been on them and seeing all the heart ache and stress they appear to bring will not try...
by bodge
Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep it going Paul.
I visit the site every day.
Bodge
by mick burgess
Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry "Boss"
I kept looking at the board index but couldn't find the condolence/obituary link silly old bugger
by xnsman
Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Major General Sir Michael Palmer KCVO

Mike Palmer was the first officer of the Regiment that I ever met. He was the 'conducting officer' who shepherded my draft from the 65TR RAC Catterick to the Regiment at Haig Lines, Crookham, in September 1952. We were told off to be interviewed on the train south, and each man went from his 3rd. Cl...
by Hawk195
Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

General Mike had good sense of humour, I remember once he came into the mess for a end of the week drink he was stood next to Mike Young at the bar. I shouted to mike if he wanted a drink, to which the Colonel replied " you are not shouting to me are you. You will be missed. My condolences to Lady J...
by Bill Bentley
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

While I never had the good fortune to serve under General Palmer, on a one to one basis, I also feel the communal loss at his passing. Strangely I recall his name more so than the various Commanding Officers under whom I actually served. This is because when I joined the regiment in 1972 it was Colo...