Quote from WW11 veteran

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
bodge
Service Details: A squadron 1952-1954

Quote from WW11 veteran

Postby bodge » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:08 am

Unless you are willing to be as unreasonable and as brutal, as your enemy, do not engage him in a conflict -- because he will win. This old leatherneck says it better.

Quote from a WWII veteran overhearing someone say that `You can't bomb an ideology.": "The hell you can't, because we did it. These Muslims are no different than the [Imperial] Japanese. The Japs had their suicide bombers too. And we stopped them. What it takes is the resolve and will to use a level of brutality and violence that your generations can't stomach. And until you can, this shit won't stop. It took us on the beaches with bullets, clearing out caves with flame throwers, and men like LeMay burning down their cities, killing people by the tens of thousands. And then it took 2 atom bombs on top of it. Plus we had to bomb the shit out of German cities to get them to quit fighting. But, if that was what it took to win, we were willing to do it. Until you are willing to do the same...well I hope you enjoy this shit, because it ain't going to stop! Back then, we had leadership, resolve, resources and determination. Today we're afraid to hurt people's feelings....and worry about which bathroom to piss in!"

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Re: Quote from WW11 veteran

Postby PINKY » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Oh so true!

j kerwin
Service Details: 2RTR NI. 1962 to 1966 A sqn 14/20kh Libya cyprus (un) perham down.

Postby j kerwin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:45 pm

true. we are far to soft these day. god forbid you call someone taff jock or paddy you will be in deep s***. but if you stand up in a mosque and preach death and to all none believers its ok.
OAP ln manchester ends up in court for race hatred, his crime ?? calling the guy who smashed up his garden an irish wanker.

Hawk195
Service Details: 14th/20th Kings Hussars 1960 to 1973

Postby Hawk195 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Nobody is interested in what is happening. Since National Service stopped the young people do not get sense of duty drilled into them. As a youth I did not have people trying to sell me drugs to get me hooked, no one in school tried to sell me drugs. This allowed me to make my own decisions on what job I did, and believe me I had some good jobs, I even had a International shipping company who wanted to keep me and offered to provide a company flat when I told them I had decided to join the army. They do not have the jobs available, most of todays youth will probably go to retirement without a job. Why is it this way, the bosses want more profit for their investment which meant that they had to bring in people who would work for the wages they would offer. don't get me wrong
I am not a union man, I always agreed my salary before I started and my rises too.

Tony
A word is enough for a wise man

Return to “General Chat”