Museum of Lancashire Stanley street

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
bryanlythgoe

Museum of Lancashire Stanley street

Postby bryanlythgoe » Fri May 27, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi guys just to let you know that as well as doing my sponsored walk, I had the chance to speak to people in higher places than myself about the 14/20 Kings Hussars museum in Preston. I was assured that a committee has been set up and a consortium are looking at different options to keep it open. A bid has been put forward to buy the museum by the 14/20 Trustees and other interested parties and Col Tilney is in continuous communication to seal the bid. The museum is northern based and will continue to be northern based. Please give the hard working guys your full support in this as they are doing their very best for the history of the 14/20 Kings Hussars their work goes unnoticed and rarely do they get the credit they deserve.

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Re: Museum of Lancashire Stanley street

Postby PINKY » Fri May 27, 2016 3:32 pm

Tanks for the update.
Pinky

j kerwin
Service Details: 2RTR NI. 1962 to 1966 A sqn 14/20kh Libya cyprus (un) perham down.

Postby j kerwin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Five museums threatened with closure have been thrown a potential lifeline after the Arts Council for England granted a £162,000 cash injection to support the hunt for new owners to take them over.

j kerwin
Service Details: 2RTR NI. 1962 to 1966 A sqn 14/20kh Libya cyprus (un) perham down.

Postby j kerwin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:06 am

the museums final day. closes today :( what happens now, where do all the exhibits go, what happens now.
I have given a few things to the regimental museum. who gets them now, or do they go to the tip.
lancashires own cavalry regiments history no longer available to the people of the north west :( very sad.
LCC say they are looking at other options. Is this political speak for leave it long enough and it will be forgotten ?

Return to “Regimental Chat”