Regimental Museum

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Paul W. Baker
Site Admin
Service Details: 1420H 1978 - 1989
RH 1991 - 1992
KRH 1992 - 2003

Regimental Museum

Post by Paul W. Baker » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Gentlemen

I have received an email from Godfrey Tilney in regard to the ongoing situation with the regimental Museum in Preston. Meeting are on going about how to save the museum from closure and other ways of rising funds to keep the museum from closing, meeting are happening today.

His message: Dear Paul

Firstly, may I offer my congratulations on taking over the appointment of Chairman of Noah's ARC (NA) from Bob Harrison. You will have seen the recent note that I sent him requesting further support from NA members regarding the impending closure of the Museum of Lancashire in Preston in which our 14/20H museum collection is currently housed.

A meeting is taking place today in London which involves those regimental museums, like ours, under threat of closure due to the pulling of local government funding. We are seeking to establish a partnership arrangement under which new funding can be found to take over the running of the museum (either in its present location or in another building In Preston) from LCC. But this will take time, so achieving a delay to the current timetable which will see the museum close in about 10 weeks time is one of the priority targets. I am writing to many LCC councillors asking them to support this urgent need, and vote for a delay which might allow an alternative, long term solution to be found.

In the meantime, if you could encourage your members to add their names to this other petition, this will keep the pot boiling and force LCC Cabinet to consider the matter again.

Best wishes

Godfrey Tilney

May I ask that if you have as yet NOT signed the petition that you do so as a matter of urgency, it will take all of 3 minutes.

https://www.change.org/p/jo-turton-jenn ... m=copylink

Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Re: Regimental Museum

Post by Bob_H » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:10 am

The petition raised by Barrie Walters (ex - 1420H) has 965 signees. It needs just a few more to reach the 1000 necessary to force it to be considered.
https://www.change.org/p/lancashire-cou ... lancashire
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Post by Bill Bentley » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:57 am

34 to go, better late than never :wink: !

Hawk195
Service Details: 14th/20th Kings Hussars 1960 to 1973

Post by Hawk195 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Bill
I signed last night and there were only 8 more required

Tony
A word is enough for a wise man