HANDOVER OF CHAIRMAN, AND COMMITTEE OF NOAH'S ARC

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
FERDY
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

HANDOVER OF CHAIRMAN, AND COMMITTEE OF NOAH'S ARC

Postby FERDY » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:55 am

Posted by Paul W. Baker on various 14th/20th Facebook sites, including

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NoahsArcHome/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/58511775214/

And https://www.facebook.com/groups/183542751656092/

Meeting of the committee for Noah’s ARC
(The club of the 14th/20th King’s Hussars)
26 September 2015

At 2pm on the 26th September 2015 a meeting was held at the Imperial Hotel in relation to the future of Noah’s ARC.

After several email and phone conversations culminating in yesterday’s meeting a new committee was formed and took over the helm.

The new committee of the Noah’s ARC is as follows:
• Paul Baker – Chairman
• Peter Farrell – Vice Chairman
• Frank Smith – History of the regiment and Facebook editor
• Paul Wigmore - Band
• Daz Walker – Noahs ARC shop and Website editor
• Wayne Hurst – Entertainment
• Julie Schofield – Raffle and Menu for Buffet
• Andrea Baker – Accounts

The new committee are yet to meet with the management of the Imperial Hotel in regard to the 20th reunion of the Noah’s ARC in 2016, it is hoped that once formalities of introduction have taken place and the committee members fully understand their roles plans will get underway.

We would like to thank all of the previous committee for all their work over the past 23 or more years in bringing this magnificent family together once again.

We, the new committee are committed to keeping their hard work going and we look forward to seeing you all soon.

Paul Baker
Chairman – Noah’s ARC
Chairman of Noah's ARC...........The Club of the 14th/20th King's Hussars :roll: :roll: :roll:

Paul W. Baker
Site Admin
Service Details: 1420H 1978 - 1989
RH 1991 - 1992
KRH 1992 - 2003

Re: HANDOVER OF CHAIRMAN, AND COMMITTEE OF NOAH'S ARC

Postby Paul W. Baker » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Very sorry guys, I am so snowed under I forgot to post this on the Website. I will try and sort that out in the coming hours/days. Thank you Peter.

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Postby Bill Bentley » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:58 pm

I trust that this means that Bob has retired so that he can enjoy a long, healthy and happy future at a slower tempo !
I'm sure that others will want to join me in thanking Bob for giving us all the opportunity to get back in contact with long lost friends. Bless you Bob, you have done us all a great service for many years and I wish you all the very best.
Bill Bentley

Lizard
Service Details: A sqd 1972 1976

Postby Lizard » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:15 am

So this site is basicly De-Func if you are not on FACEBOOK ? you get to know absolutly Nothing of whats going ON ? the Posts tell the story ! Out of order for those who dont want to be involved with Facebook but have been with this concept of Noahs Ark from the Start ? Hus- bloody Ha !!!!!!!

Lizard
Service Details: A sqd 1972 1976

Postby Lizard » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:17 am

P.S. All the Best Bob & Welcome Paul

sammy
Service Details: Joined at Bengarzi Jan 1964 served with A Squadron until May 1973

Postby sammy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:58 am

Bob, I never got to know you on a personal basis, but thanks to you and all the hard work that you put in I have been able to renew contact and learn what is going on in the lives of many great friends from my dim and distant past.
Thanks from the bottom of my heart, I pray that you will enjoy a long and well deserved retirement.
Sammy

sammy
Service Details: Joined at Bengarzi Jan 1964 served with A Squadron until May 1973

Postby sammy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:15 am

There may be some truth in Lizards comment "So this site is basicly De-Func if you are not on FACEBOOK ?" there is another important announcement on Face book re the northern reunion that's not on here?
Sammy

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:45 am

Sammy/Lizard
See Bobs post in its lonely on here you will see the site has plenty of visits and someone will answer any post put up
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

FERDY
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

Postby FERDY » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Sammy/Lizard

Just to be clear, This webpage of Noah's Arc, is, and always will be the Flagship of the Club of the 14th/20th King's Hussars, and is not Defunct, if you are not on Facebook, as has been Mentioned.

In the interim Period, whilst this webpage is handed over to the new webmaster, there will be oversights on the part of the new chairman, and Committee, but these will be kept to a minimum.

The Facebook sites ( Shown on the first post ) were never intended to replace this webpage, rather to Compliment it.

The Operation of the Facebook Platform is a far easier Platform, to Instantly communicate with your Old mates, and post pictures etc, between those sites, there are somewhere in the region of 5,000 to 6,000 Photo's and pictures in their Galleries.

For those of you, that choose not to use Facebook.

THE ARC SAILS ON !!!!!!!

..................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................

To rectify Sammy's Comment, and a further oversight,

The Northern Reunion as follows:-

Paul W. Baker uploaded a file.
20 hrs
Hello everyone.
I am messaging you about the planned Barton Grange northern reunion once again in a drive to get the number up once again.
I have spoken to HHQ about the numbers currently attending the reunion in an effort to see what remains room and attendance wise, this is the reply I have received:
N Reunion figures are still pretty low, so a push on your FB and website would be helpful. As of today we have 42 bookings for dinner and 30 for drinks. There are still 19 rooms available, which will have to be released back to the hotel soon, we probably have only a couple of weeks left before we lose them.
Can I therefore urge those of you wishing to attend to book now so those rooms are not lost and we get the numbers as high as we can. We really need to show HHQ that we want this event to continue and to do that we need to show up in large numbers.

Thank you
Paul W. Baker
Chairman of Noah's ARC...........The Club of the 14th/20th King's Hussars :roll: :roll: :roll:

Paul W. Baker
Site Admin
RH 1991 - 1992
KRH 1992 - 2003

Postby Paul W. Baker » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi Guys,

The issue with the website was we did not have access to it as the New webmaster/editor was in Hospital at the time of announcement. He was out of hospital yesterday and before he even had time to sit down with his family and have a tea he posted on the homepage of the Noah's ARC website.

You are correct in that the majority of users are now using Facebook, but I can assure you the website is NOT going to become redundant, indeed we are looking at ways to improve it - but in the future.I am also trying to compose a Newsletter, but to do that I need to get as much of the fact together that I can, it may take a few days/weeks but we will get there.

The committee has only just taken over and is still stumbling as we try to find our way, please be patient and bear with us, we do not wish to cause upset or bad feeling, thank you.

Paul (Fred) Baker

Paul W. Baker
Site Admin
RH 1991 - 1992
KRH 1992 - 2003

Postby Paul W. Baker » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:19 pm

For the barton Grange Newsletter please follow this link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NoahsAr ... up_comment

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Postby PINKY » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:31 pm

Howdy
Thank you to Bob and his team for the absolutely fantastic job you have done with this our club.
I remember at RD whispering about a site called Noahsarc and how secret it is and don't tell the RH
in the KRH about it - lol.
On a personal note - thanks for everything Bob in regards to mailing things to me etc.
Good luck to the new team, long may we continue on here and FB.
Hussar
Pinky

Brains
Service Details: REME 1964 -1973
REME Worrkshops HQ UNFICYP 1966
LAD REME 25 Field Squadron RE Paderborn 1967
B Sqn LAD 14th/20th King's Hussars Paderborn 1967-70 & Hong Kong 1970-73

Postby Brains » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:49 pm

Many thanks to Bob and his Committee for all their hard work on our behalf, keeping the "family" together.

Best wishes to the new committee, they deserve our support.

Return to “General Chat”