Censorship

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
tigger
Service Details: JLR RAC 1971-1972, 14/20 kh 1972 - 1992. Herford, Bovinton, Cyprus, Omagh, Warminster, Hohne, Croyden, Catterick, Manchester, Munster, NI tours, Gulf 1,

Censorship

Postby tigger » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:44 am

Many people contribute to the many threads that are posted on the Forums.

This leads to a informed (not nessacarily factual but certainly positionally) overview from the many contributors, which in itself leads to interesting and colourful reading for the many reviewers.

However I would lie to know the criteria that the Moderators operate their system of Censorship, I have had the misfortune of being red carded twice now, for being outspoken in my opinions on subject matters

Now I freely admit I have strong views on certain issues and thankfully I am not shy about sharing my views (I am an ardent advocate of free speech and freedom to expess an Opinion regardless of if others shre that Opinion)
but also I would not knowingly or deliberately set out to offend any of our members (Unless its he who must not be named :lol: in joke)

So to this end I would ask the terms of referance and guidelines that control the actions of the Moderators and cause them to intervene be published on this thread.

Cheers Trev

williamo
Service Details: Regimental Band.
1951-1964.
Crookham,Sabratha,Kneller Hall, Piddlehinton, Munster, Hohne, Berlin, Bengazi, Bovington.

Re: Censorship

Postby williamo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:02 am

Political Correctness. I am told we can address persons by Nationality, Brits, Irish, Scots, Ashian etc etc, but we must refer the colour of their skin as White or Black? As a kid we saw people as white,Black, Brown, even Yellow, was that so wrong. Confused 80 year old.!

Hawk195
Service Details: 14th/20th Kings Hussars 1960 to 1973

Postby Hawk195 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:04 pm

Trev

I am not being drawn. I think it may be if it is a personal attack on a person you dislike. if this is the case, it would look as though you are using the site to further your dislike of the person. I find it easier to ignore them totally. It annoys them more.

Tony
A word is enough for a wise man

tigger
Service Details: JLR RAC 1971-1972, 14/20 kh 1972 - 1992. Herford, Bovinton, Cyprus, Omagh, Warminster, Hohne, Croyden, Catterick, Manchester, Munster, NI tours, Gulf 1,

Postby tigger » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Tony

I am genuinely interested in the criteria, and wonder if any one else has been red carded or is it as Goals on the telly (Ballotelli) said "just me"

Cheers keep up your posts you are one of the more interesting commenters

Trev

Bob_H
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Postby Bob_H » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:08 am

What is "Free Speech" and what is not free speech, that is the question. A fair question that you are free to ask.

Near the top of the Forum Home page you will see a link called 'FAQ'. This goes some way to explaining the role of a Moderator, amongst many other things, but I note that over time, and many upgrades, we have lost the 'Terms of Use' page, something that I will correct when I get the opportunity.

In a nutshell:
"This board is not to be used as a platform for the furtherance of Political, Racist or Religious leanings. Users must not make any slanderous, defamatory, malicious or insulting comments about any other individual or organisation. Users must not dominate a topic to the degree that their view might become persuasive by volume or repetition. The use of bad, insulting or inappropriate language is disallowed."

Moderation is the avoidance of excess or extremes. The Moderators of this board have only very rarely taken action to warn about, remove or alter, comments made by our users. Our largest control interference is over who may and who may not join our community.

Finally, Moderation is achieved by the use of discretion. Generally, before taking any action, we will discuss topics and contributions that may be worthy of discussion. Occasionally a Mod will take immediate action, record the action, and inform the other Mods as to whether some action that has been taken should be reversed.
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

tigger

Postby tigger » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:00 am

Thank you Bob that clarifies it as you said in a nutshell.

shotgun
Service Details: jlr 6/6/79-aug1980
regt sept 1980-10/5/2003

Postby shotgun » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:47 am

I for 1 was banned for some stupid comments , ( racist) comments on fb once. I was drunk, and was hopping mad at the time, no real excuse, but we all do stupid things at times... people should actually not be so touchy( an I am part foreign)
Yammy

tigger

Postby tigger » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:50 am

Yammy

mate you've paid your dues, your officially as british as Vindaloo and Kentucky fried Duck, there's nothing foreign about you.

Cheers Trev

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:30 pm

Shotgun with a good old Scottish name like Yamnikar I dont adam & eve it
Je n'oublierai pas

Return to “General Chat”