Who Remembers Reg Burkey?

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Re: Who Remembers Reg Burkey?

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Mon May 09, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi Billy

Would that be behind the theartre. Just something someone mentioned one day

Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

billy whittle
Service Details: 1970 - 1980. 'B'sqn HK and Herford and NI, 'HQ' sqn Herford and Bovington. 'Veh ' Sqn Bovington, 'D'sqn Hohne, and NI then 'HQ' sqn till demob,

Postby billy whittle » Mon May 09, 2011 6:54 pm

I believe it was somewhere near their Phil :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I seem to remember someone pointing it out one day on our way to choir practice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

atb Billy

Johnny Kirko
Service Details: served with the 14/20 Kings Hussars 1957-59 Spandau Berlin (Centurion)
Service No 23406770.

Postby Johnny Kirko » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:48 am

Les wrote:I know we should be talking about Reg but to enlarge a bit on Jim Passam's escapade. He was on guard and asked if he could go for a run whilest off stag. His run took him past a couple of Gasthouses so Jim being Jim called in for a half litre or two. He then decided to return to Barracks and caught the ubahn equivelent to the circle line which goes from east Berlin to West and back again. He nodded off and was woken up by the East Berlin police who , after a bit of a chat let him go . He again fell asleep to be awakened by the same east German Guards at the same place on the next circuit . This time they kept him. I believe his release came after the Brit sector commander made a personal request to his East German counterpart.

I believe this was the occasion he had borrowed my shoes :D

allen1
Service Details: Joined Regiment 1958. Posted to 'B' Sqn, Berlin. 1960 Posted to D&M Bovington. 1961 To Bulford then to Tripoli. Demob 1964.

Postby allen1 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:30 pm

I remember Sgt Reg Burkey. His claim to fame was running his household like the Guards training depot and sorting out a noisy budgie. Also rumour had it that the cat did enjoy its time in the oven. Where would we be without these characters. :D :D Al Jones.

Hawk195
Service Details: 14th/20th Kings Hussars 1960 to 1973

Postby Hawk195 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi

When Reg Left the Regiment he went to work for Wilson's Brewery as a stock taker visiting pubs. The weird thing about it is that Wally Taylor was his boss.

Tony Binns
A word is enough for a wise man

allen1
Service Details: Joined Regiment 1958. Posted to 'B' Sqn, Berlin. 1960 Posted to D&M Bovington. 1961 To Bulford then to Tripoli. Demob 1964.

Postby allen1 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Hi Tony. I recall Wally. Have a photo of him somewhere. Will dig it out and post it when found. Cheers, Scouse Jones.

Return to “Regimental Chat”