Douglas John (Tiny) Hill

Looking for an old mate? Is anyone looking for you? Post a message here or search for names you might have information on.
ianedwards
Service Details: I'm searching for details of ex-Sgt. Major D J Hill. recipient no 174 of the regimental medal. He was my ex-step-father

Douglas John (Tiny) Hill

Postby ianedwards » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi guys, I'm a stranger in your midst - an ex-RAF Sergeant Aircrew (1955 - 1965). I'm looking for anyone who might have known Tiny Hill (Sgt. Maj @ 1942/3). He was my ex-stepfather; he and my Mum divorced after the war. Tiny (Douglas John) was a Boxing Champion of India and I also remember a photo of him in footie gear.
We RAF Aircrew had relatively comfy wars (or campaigns/emergencies) compared to you guys. I'd like to know a little of what Tiny (and his mates) went through during WWII, before and after.
I notice there is a Mr. D J Hill awarded the regimental medal in 1991 ( No. 174). It says OCS after his name - was that honour Tiny's?
Cheers, Ian

king hussar

Re: Douglas John (Tiny) Hill

Postby king hussar » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:24 pm

IAN,

I CANNOT TELL YOU A LOT ABOUT TINY (before my time) BUT HE DID WRITE A BOOK "NOBODY`S OWN" ABOUT THE 20TH HUSSARS .HE WAS AWARDED THE REGIMENTAL MEDAL FOR HIS WORK IN DOING THE HISTORY OF THE REGIMENT AND PRODUCING THE BOOK.
LIKE ALL GOOD HAWKS HE WENT TO THE BIG PARADE GROUND IN THE SKY A FEW YEARS AGO.
K.H.

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Postby Brian Moulton » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:45 am

If you want a copy then you could try here:

http://www.military-naval-history.co.uk ... tories.htm

£25
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

ianedwards
Service Details: I'm searching for details of ex-Sgt. Major D J Hill. recipient no 174 of the regimental medal. He was my ex-step-father

Postby ianedwards » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:54 pm

Thanks one hell of a lot, guys. Off now to order his book - or get my brother to order it: he's richer than me!!!!! Don't know about you lads, but in the RAF we used to call a tight-fisted pillock POSB (Post Office Savings Book, where we used to keep our spare dosh!)

DELANEY
Service Details: 16INDEPENDANT PARA BRIGADE. REME.
AAS BEACHLEY.

Postby DELANEY » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi
PLEASE CONTACT ME I CAN GIVE YOU PLENTY OF HISTORY ON D,J. HILL INDIAN BOXING CHAMPION.
MY E/MAIL jdelaney54383444@aol.com
Regards
Del

Return to “Where Is He Now ?”