Thanksgiving Service for Major-General Sir Michael Palmer KCVO

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
FERDY
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

Thanksgiving Service for Major-General Sir Michael Palmer KCVO

Postby FERDY » Fri May 12, 2017 10:23 pm

What a very moving Day, A very Special day, for a very Special, much respected, much loved Man.
The Garrison church at Tidworth was crowded with so many faces that most of us know, or, have known, there were in excess of 380 in attendance, far too many names to list, but here are a few, Generals Shirreff and Bradshaw, Peter Garbutt, Waggy, Trevor Batchelder Charlie Brocket, Terry Scott Sheila Williams, Mick Gates, Dave and Pauline Tunnicliffe, Peter Harman, Jeremy Moger, Martin Davis, John Smales, Alan and Linda Ruth Joy Gregory, two Vickery's, Bob Taylor, JC, Wiggy, Kerry Hodson, both Bingham's, and Connie, Mick Burgess........so many faces I recognised, and could not remember their name, forgive me if I have omitted yours..
I spoke with Lady Jilly and passed on all our commiserations, on behalf of Noah's ARC, from a very personal point of view, I said, " you will probably not remember me " I began, " of course I do" she answered, " You decorated our basement cellars for a party for us" that blew me away, that was over 50 years ago, what a lovely Lady, who as you will imagine handled the day impeccably!
I have been asked by Jeremy Palmer and Jonty Palmer, their sons to pass on Lady Jilly and the Families best wishes, and to say they were all deeply moved by all the glowing tributes you all posted on the original notification of Sir Mikes passing, and also those posted on Robert Harrison's post this morning. His grandkids commandeered my phone and read them all too, they also wish to express their thanks to you all, they were quite taken with some of the remarks on there, a couple of them, with misty eyes, and I confess, mine were not that far behind.
Great readings by Jeremy, and Jonty and a brilliant tribute by the inimitable John Smales.

You will be pleased to know, I am sure, and it is a mark of how both he, Lady Jilly and the Palmer Family loved the Regiment, that we all left the Church, to the strains of, ' Sussex by the Sea '......being SUNG, and, yes, a few of us joined in !!!
Chairman of Noah's ARC...........The Club of the 14th/20th King's Hussars :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “Regimental Chat”