FEEDBACK ON THIS YEAR'S REUNION

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
mini Drac
Service Details: Dependant

FEEDBACK ON THIS YEAR'S REUNION

Postby mini Drac » Mon May 09, 2016 1:10 pm

What a great weekend!!! :D Thanks to the new committee who did a bang up job putting this reunion together. It was a very hard act to follow, but they certainly held their own! Thanks too to the band for the outstanding music!
We embraced the friends, laughed til our sides hurt, clapped and cheered til we were sore, wept over the touching sentiments and created enough happy memories to see us through to next year! Cheers and HUSSAR!!!!!!

FERDY
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

Re: FEEDBACK ON THIS YEAR'S REUNION

Postby FERDY » Mon May 09, 2016 3:22 pm

Over this, the 20th Noah's ARC Reunion, ( Drac's Memorial weekend ) and in my Role as Vice Chairman of Noah's ARC, It gave me the Greatest Pleasure to meet my long time Friend, Denny Draper, and to present to her, in Private, our Tribute to her late Husband, and our First President, Brian ( Drac ) Draper.
Denny, and her Daughter, ( mini Drac ) wish me to convey to you all their, sincere thanks, they are Deeply moved !
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (159.79 KiB) Viewed 2416 times
If you can stay calm when all around you is in Chaos, Then you have not properly understood the Situation!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

FERDY
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

Postby FERDY » Mon May 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Well that's it for this year........Another ' Best Ever ' Reunion ???
What do you think ? Did we, your New Noah's ARC Committee, get it right ? Did you enjoy, or take part in the Silent Auction, the Tombola, or Main Raffle etc, did you win anything, I believe it was Ronald Young 's gang that won the Weekend away.
PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR FEEDBACK, it is important to us, so we can make Next Years Reunion, " The Best Ever "
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 2410 times
If you can stay calm when all around you is in Chaos, Then you have not properly understood the Situation!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

DRACSDRAGON
Service Details: wife of Drac ( and proud to be )

Postby DRACSDRAGON » Wed May 11, 2016 7:01 am

I can only echo my daughters remarks, what a wonderful weekend ! And what a tribute to Drac he would have been so touched . A really marvellous first for the new committee well done to you all, not forgetting the girls behind he scene.

FERDY

Postby FERDY » Wed May 11, 2016 9:40 am

Thank you so much for your response, Denny, it means, so much to me, personally, and I know, that it will to the rest of the Team that put the weekend together.

We wanted to Remember Drac, in a quiet, low key respectful way, in his Memorial weekend, and, by the feed back we have received to date, seems we managed to do just that.

Your comments, above, are the icing on the Cake for us, the Newbie Committee, and I am so Glad you approved of the way we handled it.

Drac and I went as far back as Benghazi in 1964, a long time ago, can't ever see him without those long gangly legs, and Manic smile, I am convinced that, just like a stick of Blackpool Rock, the words, "14th/20th King's Hussars" ran inside the whole length of his body !

This was Drac's Memorial Weekend, sure enough, but he will be remembered for a long, long time to come !

Rest in peace Old Friend............HUSSAR !!!!

Paul W. Baker
Site Admin
Service Details: 1420H 1978 - 1989
RH 1991 - 1992
KRH 1992 - 2003

Postby Paul W. Baker » Wed May 11, 2016 10:04 am

Thank you Denny, always a pleasure to see you.

I will update you about the 2017 reunion when we have more details :)

Paul

Return to “Regimental Chat”