Our Motto

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Re: Our Motto

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:04 am

Syd
Get it from Noah's Arc. :)
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:07 am

Rick
Problem with your idea is you would have to "Tie your kangaroo down sport" :D
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Postby Bill Bentley » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:39 am

Hello again Frank and everyone else,

just being nosey I tipped '1798 Princes Frederica of Prussia' into 'easy search' (Noah's Arc sponsored links !!) and came up with a bag of worms.

It seems that there was more inbreeding and intrigue back then than even I had suspected. Three times married to cousins and aunties with mistresses on the side was common place. After a (for me) longish search the only reference to Princess Fredericia of Prussia and the Duke of York that I could find referred to a goblet, presented as a gift:

„This stately ceremonial goblet was a gift to Frederica Sayers from her godmother for whom she was named, Princess Frederica of Prussia, wife of Prince Frederick Augustus, duke of York, the second son of King George II of Great Britain“.

At the end of the day I simply have to conclude that many 'historical facts' are no more than 'wishful thinking'. The more that archaeologists and scientists uncover about the past the less we can rely on that what we were taught as kids. The only truth is 'here and now' and the only people worth risking your own life for are your mates, not God or the church, not for Queen and country, not for romantic ideals of Saint George, King Arthur, or Robin Hood ! (See Dusty's and Trevor's posts).

Respect the units in which you served because that's where most of us met our 'true friends' and enjoy the fairy tales of yore as a good yarn because they are little more.

Look after yourselves and your mates and beggar the rest !

PS I would be hopping mad about Rick's suggestion :lol:

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:44 am

Bill
Next you will be telling us that Father Christmas dosent exist and it wasent the thooth fairy that left a tanner under our pillows :(
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

shotgun
Service Details: jlr 6/6/79-aug1980
regt sept 1980-10/5/2003

Postby shotgun » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:09 pm

visited the zitedel last year,putting close up and distant photo on my fb , 4 the clever ones amongst u, feel free to put them on this site...great place to visit.. goin back next august
Yammy

shotgun
Service Details: jlr 6/6/79-aug1980
regt sept 1980-10/5/2003

Postby shotgun » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:53 pm

Tried posting this last night. Put some good photos of our hawk from the spandau zitadel , any of u clever computer boffins can steal them and put them on here. Only got a mobile and its difficult. The whole of the inside of the zitadel lip full of hawks.
Yammy

steve wheeler
Service Details: Joined Tidworth 1971 Hong Kong 71-73 Herford 73-75 Bovington 75-77
Hohne 77-85 Catterick 85-87 Bovington 87-89 Berlin 89-92 Bovington 92 for demob
Sqns B, HQ, B, Training D&M, Finally C sqn.

Postby steve wheeler » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:30 pm

This was taken a couple of years ago at the Zitadelle, as you can see , thats our badge .The stadt gave us a copy for SHQ in Smuts. It was over the main door of the building until I left in '92.
Attachments
P1010104.JPG
P1010104.JPG (815.71 KiB) Viewed 2080 times

Return to “Regimental Chat”