David (Plug) Hodgkiss

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
Bob_H
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

David (Plug) Hodgkiss

Postby Bob_H » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:42 am

I've received this plea from David's ex-wife Marie - can you help? - any memories of David?:

Hi, I wonder if you can help me or put us in touch with someone that can. I am looking for any photos of David Hodgkiss, sometimes known as plug/pugg. He was a tank driver in 14th/20th King's Hussars and served in Ireland and Germany. He worked with Trevor Jones around 1975/1979 - I cannot remember if he was in 'A' or 'B' Squadron.

David was my ex husband. He died recently and my son is desperate to find some photos of him when he was in the army - you see David's mum burnt all the old photos as well as his Service Records and all we have of him is his Ireland medal and some recent photos. Trevor Jones is my brother in law and is searching his old regiment pictures in the hope of finding something.

As i said before i don't know if you can help but i would be grateful for any help you may be able to give.
Many thanks for your time
Marie Hodgkiss
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

Shep
Site Admin
Service Details: 1970-1990
C A & Hq Sqn

Re: David (Plug) Hodgkiss

Postby Shep » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi Bob
remember David he was A Sqn in Warminster, NI and Hohne
if anyone has the ground hawk Mags maybe there is a pic in one of the issues
Hawk Mag 1979 page 17 has a pic of him and he should be on the A Sqn Warminster Sqn Pic if anyone has an original
other wise would be A Sqn members of that time

ATB

Shep
The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect different results

Johnny Morris
Service Details: Served from 1967 - 1992
Served in all SQNS (I include C Sqn as I was SSM of it but we always referred to it as BMT Sqn)
Finished as RQMS in 1992 and served with the regiment in Paderborne, Hong Kong & Singapore, Hohne, N.I. Bovington and Warminster,
Catterick & Muenster and Iraq
Postings:Rheindahlen, DLOY(Preston & Swinton),BMATT - Zimbabwe.

Postby Johnny Morris » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:58 am

Marie

If you have his NI medal, around the rim of it should be his army number.

If you have that,then you can contact MOD who should send his army records if you want them.

I served with him but sorry, I have no pictures of him.

Regards
Johnny Morris

DRACSS
Service Details: SERVED FROM 1961 TO 2001

Postby DRACSS » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:07 pm

IN REGARDS TO SHEPS NOTE ABOUT THE 1979 HAWK PICTURE, I HAVE AN ORIGINAL WHICH I CAN COPY AND FORWARD TO MARIE, IF I HAVE AN ADDRESS
DRAC
DRAC. IF YOU WERN"T CAV, YOU NEVER WERE,

BLESS ALL HAWKS, WHEREVER YOU MAY BE..

pkay
Service Details: joined 1977, left 1988 C Sqn tankpark then clerk in C, D and RHQ

Postby pkay » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi Marie, Please accept my deepest sympaties for your loss. I had the good fortune to serve with Dave in Ireland, we were in the same patrol. I have sent on a couple of photos and a copy of a groundhawk magazine (dave gets a mention on page 11) to Bob, he will pass these on to you very shortly, sorry there are not many - no mobiles with cameras in those days.

wayne1030
Service Details: 1974-1977 a sqn 14/20 kh - postings herford ,cyprus,warminster

Postby wayne1030 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 am

bob if she can send me a email address i have full A sqn warminster 77 and can send it to her

wayne

Bob_H
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Postby Bob_H » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:26 am

wayne1030 wrote:bob if she can send me a email address i have full A sqn warminster 77 and can send it to her
wayne

Wayne,
Thanks for that. I've sent Marie's email address to you by PM and to your own email address. She is very pleased with the response from everyone who has been in touch so far and hopefully is building up a nice portfolio. :)
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

Return to “Regimental Chat”