It's the Imperial Hotel

Awards of the Regimental Rosette
Bob_H
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

It's the Imperial Hotel

Postby Bob_H » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:24 am

imperial.jpg
imperial.jpg (42.36 KiB) Viewed 3419 times

The Committee of Noah's Arc are pleased to announce that from 2015 our location for our Annual reunions is to be the Imperial Hotel, Blackpool. The Imperial is the most imposing of all Blackpool promenade hotels, with its 160 bedrooms, function rooms for over 300 guests, and car parking for 150 cars, we can highly recommend this hotel to you.

Long used as a major conference centre by the Conservative Party, the Labour Party and Trades Unions, the hotel now prepares to host HUSSARS!.

...and what a great deal for such a celebrated hotel: FULL DETAILS HERE: http://www.1420h.org.uk/nextr.html
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

mauricedunning

Re: It's the Imperial Hotel

Postby mauricedunning » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Top choice bob, they are having an extensive refurb at the moment, but a great choice,the boys will love it.

kay

Postby kay » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:35 pm

shy talk arrived . :D
hotel booked ....raffle tickets on way to bob ...happy days :lol: :lol:

kay n david

Bob_H
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Postby Bob_H » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:42 am

Please note that we've hit a 'teething' problem in that currently the Reservations department can't accept Thursday (14th April) bookings. Apparently there is a block in place until a Trades Union having their conference at the Hotel declare their room requirements.

For now, please book in for Friday & Saturday and I'll let you know as things change. Central reservations are also telling some members that there is a £3.50 car parking charge - this is incorrect, parking is free for us.

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:21 am

Booked Bob but it was hard work Hope they get thier admin sorted. No single rooms left.
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Postby Brian Moulton » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:10 am

Bob

Jeanette and I are booked in (Fri/Sat), so barring popping my clogs before then, we'll be there. If I do pop my clogs, Jeanette will inherit my cameras, and she is quite competent at covering an event. So maybe you will get a collection of reasonable images next year. No need to book an external photographer.

If you could devise a way of distributing the raffle tickets (maybe similar to The National Lottery method), you could save the postage costs of distributing "Shy Talk" with just a link to a PDF. I'm quite happy to receive it that way.
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

Bob_H

Postby Bob_H » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:16 am

Brian Moulton wrote:Bob
Jeanette and I are booked in (Fri/Sat), so barring popping my clogs before then, we'll be there. If I do pop my clogs, Jeanette will inherit my cameras, and she is quite competent at covering an event. So maybe you will get a collection of reasonable images next year. No need to book an external photographer.

Thanks Brian (and Jeanette) - good photographic images were sadly missing this year.

Brian Moulton wrote:If you could devise a way of distributing the raffle tickets (maybe similar to The National Lottery method), you could save the postage costs of distributing "Shy Talk" with just a link to a PDF. I'm quite happy to receive it that way.

Lottery tickets - thanks again. I agree with you and a few years ago we added a solution to the Online Shop - but the take-up was quite low. I have to be aware that a large proportion of our mailing list members don't use the internet so, for them, a postal letter works.

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Postby Bill Bentley » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Bob,

I would be happy to go along with Brians comments, not that he or I pop our clogs, but that an e-mail Shy Talk would suffice. I am of course delighted to get post, but when I see what you have to pay on postage I cring. As for the raffle tickets, I never buy them as I don't attend the reunions, distance, health, lazy, whatever; it would then be a disaster to win a prize and not be present to collect it and have to pay even more postage to receive it.

... just a couple of thoughts !

Bob_H

Postby Bob_H » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:43 pm

Bill Bentley wrote:Bob,

I would be happy to go along with Brians comments, not that he or I pop our clogs, but that an e-mail Shy Talk would suffice. I am of course delighted to get post, but when I see what you have to pay on postage I cring. As for the raffle tickets, I never buy them as I don't attend the reunions, distance, health, lazy, whatever; it would then be a disaster to win a prize and not be present to collect it and have to pay even more postage to receive it.

Bill, thanks, comments noted. Quick point though, being present is not a requirement to win a prize. I've dispatched many winnings by post after the event.

Bob_H

Postby Bob_H » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:20 pm

More teething problems in that, when booking, "Noahs Arc" is not always being recognised and some have been booked at incorrect (more expensive) rates. I hope it's sorted now and that you won't experience any problems. If you are unsure give me a call and I'll help you.

The Imperial's solution to our earlier "Thursday not available" experience has been welcomed; [b]Any of our guests seeking to book from Thursday to Sunday will now be allocated a room in a nearby hotel for the Thursday night at the same Imperial Dinner, bed & Breakfast rate or less. We'll all be in the same place. On leaving this hotel on the Friday morning you will be welcomed into The Imperial even if your room there isn't ready yet. Please don't try to arrange the Thursday with The Imperial but ring me instead - I'll sort it for you.

sherry1932
Service Details: Joined 14/20H 1950. Served Libya, Germany, Hong Kong.
Retired from Royal Hong Kong Regiment 1974.
Rank on Discharge WO2.

Postby sherry1932 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:06 pm

I have booked at the Imperial for next year.

No problem as far as I can see.

Sherry1932

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Bob_H wrote:More teething problems in that, when booking, "Noahs Arc" is not always being recognised and some have booked at incorrect (more expensive) rates. I hope it's sorted now and that you won't experience any problems. If you are unsure give me a call and I'll help you.

Hi Bob that is what I meant when I said it was hard work they wanted to charge over£20.00 more I quoted your name and the negotiated price per person. In the end they got it right.
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

MAGGOT
Service Details: MARCH 1962 -MARCH 71 ASQN. ADVANCE PARTYTO BENGHAZI BSQN. ADVANCE TO PERHAM DOWN HQ IBR CORPS BIELEFELD,PADERBORN,DEMOBBED TIDWORTH

Postby MAGGOT » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:16 pm

booked in for 2 nights have to pay supplement of 20 pounds per night no single rooms

Bob_H

Postby Bob_H » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:34 am

Thanks Maggot, yes I've heard that. It's pretty standard practice for hotels to charge a single occupancy rate. I'd urge all 'singles' to think about sharing in a twin room - that way we get more of us into the hotel at a cheaper cost :)

Johnny Morris
Service Details: Served from 1967 - 1992
Served in all SQNS (I include C Sqn as I was SSM of it but we always referred to it as BMT Sqn)
Finished as RQMS in 1992 and served with the regiment in Paderborne, Hong Kong & Singapore, Hohne, N.I. Bovington and Warminster,
Catterick & Muenster and Iraq
Postings:Rheindahlen, DLOY(Preston & Swinton),BMATT - Zimbabwe.

Postby Johnny Morris » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:08 am

Booked for Friday/Saturday 2015, no problems with the booking except they did not seem to be aware that Bob had negotiated a no parking fee agreement but for me that can be sorted out on the day.

Regards to all
Johnny Morris

Return to “Announcements”