website

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
j kerwin
Service Details: 2RTR NI. 1962 to 1966 A sqn 14/20kh Libya cyprus (un) perham down.

website

Postby j kerwin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:38 pm

What happened to the site over the last few days ?. have had some strange site trying to sell me some crap :evil:
: :evil:
Was this just my site or did everyone get this.

Sam
Service Details: 19 Sept 1966 to 15 May 1989

Re: website

Postby Sam » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:39 am

yep got it as well

Service Details: Jan 75 -- Aug 87 Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne NI Catterick

Postby 27 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Same here I just ignored it didn't press any links just in case,was going to give it untill next week then e mail one of the admins.

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?

sammy
Service Details: Joined at Bengarzi Jan 1964 served with A Squadron until May 1973

Postby sammy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:32 pm

I asked on the 14/20 face book page and Pete Farrell got onto the case and fixed it for us, many thanks to Pete we are back and up and running
Sammy

mick burgess
Service Details: Joined Boy's Sqn RAC Sepy 1956
Joined B Sqn Berlin Dec 1958
Joined C Sqn Celle Feb 1960
Posted Hohne Regt came together1961
Benghazi, Cyprus, Perham Down, Lulworth,
Tidworth, Herford, Manchester, Lulworth,
Catterick, Munster 1992 KRH Lulworth.
Retired Dec 2006 after 50 years/6 months

Postby mick burgess » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi Fellas,
I too had this strange site saying I needed to pay some dues to renew the security or something, needless to say I ignored it. Next day had an en email from Arnie Greewood asking me if I was having trouble logging in. Plus he was worried that Bill Bently might think he was dead as he had not been on the web !!!!
I then emailed and text Paul Baker to inform him of the problem as I still thought he was "Boss" He rang me back we spoke about it and he told me he was retired from the committee and Pete Farrell had taken over he would let him know then he said he had spoken with the site and renewed our membership on the web.
Tried to log on in the afternoon "Whoopee" back in contact so thanks Paul/Pete for sorting it for us NON twitter/Facebook members.
Take care old Hawks up the "Blues" sorry you scousers. :lol: :oops: :roll: :x

Mick/Marion

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Postby Bill Bentley » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:42 am

Same problems at this end, even this morning, but I was able to reverse away from the adverts and make contact as you can see.

Thanks Mick for calming Arnie down, me thinking he might be dead indeed. So Arnie, just in case, what's it to be: roses or daffodils at the funeral ? Or should we all just gather around and sing 'Tie me Kangeroo down sport' :lol:.

All of this oddness with electrical gadgets, which I hate with a passion, our TV remote control works some times then it don't. Nothing to do with the batteries. This is already our second in just five years with this new TV, the old one worked for 20 years without a hitch. It's exactly the same with the remote control for the gates on the driveway and very oddly at the same times as the TV remote. Of course I tend to think that there is electronic interference coming from somewhere which is even odder because the next rebro station is a good couple of KM's away. We do however have europe's largest windpark also just a couple of KM's away and to service it a rather large ugly electricity collection / distribution station just over the hill. Unfortunately there's no getting away from it all. I met an old friend recently who worked for years planning and controlling the installation of these modern rebro stations. He now lives in the Azores, where's that I asked, a thousand miles west of Portugal he replied. Ah!, said I, getting away from all of that electronic smog that you have created eh ! No chance he said, it's as bad out there on those lost islands as anywhere else :( !!!

It reminded me of when I left the army for the first of three times. I became a climbing instructor at 'Outwardbound Eskdale', in the Lake district, a more beautiful spot does not exist on this planet. When I got a few days off I 'went a wandering', heading west, and crossed a large rugged hill from where I could see the sea. This is it I thought, paradise ! As I continued towards this magical horizon and eventually reached the forward slope, shock, horror, the nuclear power station at Sellafield. It seems the further you get away from civilization the nearer you get to mankind's worst creations.

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Postby PINKY » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:30 pm

Howdy,
South west of me is the Crowsnest Pass on the border of Alberta and B.C. - fantastic views of the foothills and then the Rockies......and then a huge wind farm of hundreds of wind turbines, bloody plonked down in paradise indeed.
God awful IMO. But I guess its very windy in that thur corridor............

Return to “General Chat”