Done and dusted

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
sammy
Service Details: Joined at Bengarzi Jan 1964 served with A Squadron until May 1973

Re: Done and dusted

Post by sammy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 pm

Didn't we have a saying that nothing was done until the fat lady sings? well it doesn't seem as if she has sung just yet
Long live Noah's Arc
Sammy

sammy
Service Details: Joined at Bengarzi Jan 1964 served with A Squadron until May 1973

Post by sammy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Sorry should read ( has not sung yet)
I put it down to me age
Sammy

Arnie
Service Details: 14/20H, 1959-1962 Hohne, Munchen Gladbach, 1962-1964 Benghazi, Cyprus and Tripoli. 1965-1967 7 Armd Bde Soltau.
Tranferred into Int Corps. 1967-1970 NI, 1970-1971 Singapore, 1971-1972 HK,1972-1974 NI, 1974-1976 NITAT(UK), 1976-1979 Berlin, 1979-1981 Preston. 1981 Retired

Post by Arnie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Bill,

One who didn't fit into either 'bad' or 'couldn't hack the system' was one of our favourites from C Sqn, Rotty Morris.
In Hohne he heard his ex (I think) Mrs had taken up with a fellow who was battering his kids. Naturally he went AWOL.
System was, in those days that they were given 24 hrs to return of his own accord after which it then became official and certain steps were taken. One of the steps was that the police in his local area back in UK was informed. On this occasion one of the local 'bobbies' was outside his old home when Rottie showed up. Before nabbing him he asked why he had gone absent, whereupon Rottie told him. The old style bobbie told him he would give him 15 minutes to acquaint himself of the said gentleman, after which he had to come with him. It didn't take Rottie 15 minutes after which he gladly went with the friendly copper. He left his ex-wife to fix the window through which her new boyfriend had flown, or is the word propelled.

Forgetful :D :D :D :D

Hawk195
Service Details: 14th/20th Kings Hussars 1960 to 1973

Post by Hawk195 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Ian
what is this about for now, you are not thinking of going back to Canada again are you. Sorry I have not sent any PM's recently, but nothings happening. Hope you are both well. Bill I did notice that you had started writing comments to yourself, sometimes it is better than commenting to others at least you get the reply you want. Like the rest I always look at this site (not daily). Hope you are all well, please don't come back with list of your ailments, we all have them.

Tony
A word is enough for a wise man

Ian Neilson
Service Details: JLR Bovington 1961, A Squadron 14/20H Benghazi, Tripoli, UN Cyprus, Perham Down, Paderborn. Civvy Street for a while. Rejoined 1975 14/20H B Squadron Hereford, posted AAC Middle Wallop, Munster, Long Kesh NI, Munster, Omagh NI, Munster, Bovington 1980 demob.

Post by Ian Neilson » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi Tony,
We are not intending to return to Canada but still have the wanderlust so an extended holiday is certainly not out of the question. Other locations for a move have also been considered but we cannot decide where. Looking back over our last 50 years together we have moved on average every five years, not always by choice but sometimes forced by circumstances. For the last two years Margaret was suffering with a bad hip that cramped her ability to climb mountains :D lol but now she has recently had new ball and socket surgery that has potentially changed our options. She is well on the way to recovery. We have considered moving back down to Carmarthenshire, Llanelli perhaps next year but to be honest the work involved in a move at the moment is a little daunting particularly at our present age. Spain also always calls us but lets see how brexit develops before making any major decisions. We will probably spend Christmas there anyway as it saves inviting the family round and I do not have to be sociable and put up with loud children.
We have recently toured extensively around Scotland and I have discovered my roots there that are calling me to visit Barra in the outer Hebrides to the MacNeil homeland.
Ian.