Yes, yes, YES !

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Yes, yes, YES !

Post by Bill Bentley » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:18 pm

Well I think the good lady has come up Trumps, so to speak.

Riding on President elect Trump's promising offer of NOT sending us (the UK) to the back of the queue, OUR own TOP Lady Mrs May has again shown Europe just why we decided to leave: so that we (SHE) can make decisions without having to consult everybody and their dog first.

In my view it's being reported here as a classical 'Lugen-Presse' story: The press are ALL saying that Mrs May has decided to go for a hard Brexit and so wants to harm Europe. Now I seem to recall that it has been pretty well every european politician, since our decision to leave Europe, that has been warning us NOT to expect ANY preferential conditions, THEY were going to use us to set an example, warning off other countries who might be considering leaving Europe. That being so, our (HER) ability to make any new deals was going to be very limited.

Mrs May has now taken the initiative and pillocks like Hollande, Merkel and Junker are foaming at the mouth like rabid dogs but who cares, they will all no longer be in any position to cause problems by the time the Brexit dealing gets done. Even the European Parliament already has a new boss and he has never been happy with the way that the outgoing idiots have been controlling things over the past few years. Let us hope that Europe quickly gets a grip of itself and reduces the damage already caused to a minimum.

If the new (incoming) european leadership is clever they can change things internally and do a good deal with the UK, then we can all be winners ... but I'm not holding my breath just yet ...

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Re: Yes, yes, YES !

Post by PINKY » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Interesting times ahead, Canadian Liberals trying so hard to make us poorer............taxes and more taxes.
ATB
Pinky

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:56 am

TAX !

More taxes, is about the only solution to any problem that politicians can come up with and that strangles true enterprise. Just think about it: you get taxed on your wages / pension and pay some form of tax AND VAT on everything that you ever buy ...

Even air is indirectly taxed ! Not only do you pay for the water that you use but you are value added taxed on it as well. I understand that one has to pay to get water collected, stored and piped to the point of use, but what exactly is the 'Added Value' - that they TAX ? All forms of food are also taxed, 'Value Added' but what does that mean ? If you buy an apple you pay for its production and transport to the point of sale, so where is the 'Added Value' ?

Your houses are taxed when you buy the building materials, there is a purchase tax on the land on which it stands, you pay tax on the cost of labour and you pay council tax on the finished product. What ever form of heating / energy you use is taxed and they even tax your crap ... sewage. If you think that's the bottom line, check out the price of a coffin and the plot in which it gets placed ... TAXED.

Oh yes, our ancestors were right, battling Bill's book was rightly named 'the Doomsday Book' because once you are registered at birth you are doomed to pay taxes !

Has any Emperor, King, President, whatever you call your boss, ever told their people: "It is my aim to tax you to death" ? Not to my knowledge ... but that's exactly what they do today !

There is a way around paying excessive taxes: Be environmentally friendly ... Save energy, ride a bike or walk to work (getting fitter and healthier at the same time and so also saving on medication as well), indeed be economical with all forms of energy and so also reduce air pollution at the same time. Use things until they are worn out, replacing items only when it's unavoidable. Grow as much of your own food as possible and so eat healthily into the bargain. Not only will you save paying the taxes but you will save in having not bought unnecessary items. If the Value Added Tax portion is, say 20%, that's 200 quid, dollars, euro's on every thousand that you earn in a year. If you are poor and only earn or receive 10,000 a year ... you suddenly have at least 2 k over each year AND that's just the tax savings ! :D :D :D

Hawk195
Service Details: 14th/20th Kings Hussars 1960 to 1973

Post by Hawk195 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi Bill
Facebook has more new groups supporting HMF than ever. The woman who sued the gov now wants to join the Brexit
team. Who wants a mole inside their team. Have you heard any thing about possible status yet

Tony
A word is enough for a wise man

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:55 am

Hi Tony,

not exactly sure what you mean by 'status'.

It is interesting how things are developing, we (the UK) seem to be having an easier ride of it than Trump but then again that's the advantage of THOUSANDS of years of cultural development. America is still immature and still trying to decide who is the boss.

Ms. Miller I think it was who brought the case against the government and in a way she did us a favour, because had she not challenged the government before the initiation of article 50 ... somebody else might have afterwards and it would have been a real mess to sort out in retrospect. How it is now Mrs May can push on without being chased all the way by mad dogs. I'm sure things are being planned on our side but all that we can do is to make a list of wishes and see what we have up our sleeves to use as levers. For sure the negotiations will be hard and we should not expect to get everything.

Here in Europe the greatest danger is Martin Scholz. He has been a 100% pusher of the European Project (former president of the same) and should he become the new German Chancellor he will make life really hard for us (the UK) ... trying to set an example to France and Holland and other dissatisfied -still members of the EU. That said, even should he win there is no way that he can get an absolute majority. He must then form a coalition, everyone here is saying with the Greens and the other Reds - very left wing and they all want to allow millions more migrants into Europe and then over feed them and wipe their arses too. Personally I suspect that even he would see that this would cause a revolution throughout Europe and so he would prefer to form his coalition with Merkel - which means that there will have been no change here, except that the top seat would have a new arse on it ! The negotiation would then be very tough indeed.

Not to worry, it looks ever more as if the Frogs will choose to hop out of the EU and that will start a route. Then the Dutch would become very brave (Dutch courage) also opting out and that will be the end of the EU. In this case our making 'deals with individual countries' will be fairly easy, indeed they will be fighting for our business !

Of course the end of the EU will not pass without its problems, some of those who have lived off the backs of the industrial nations will be broken AND the industrial countries will loose their customer base - job losses, hard times ahead !!

Still, in my view this is preferable to that what the EU & NATO has been planning for decades: war with Russia. That would be the worst of all possible options !!!

This might all sound rather dramatic but I'm not worried, notwithstanding that we are 'ready for anything', there have always been CONVENTIONAL wars, it's in the nature of the beast ... and we always win ... dont't we ?? :shock: :shock:

Hawk195
Service Details: 14th/20th Kings Hussars 1960 to 1973

Post by Hawk195 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:06 pm

Hi Bill

By Status I meant you being from the UK. In the UK some Europeans are fearing they will be returned to Europe.
At present I cannot see it.
Tony
A word is enough for a wise man

Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi Tony,

... trust me to set off with a long story not understanding exactly what you meant :lol: .

I agree with you, it's all of this typical 'Lugen Presse' - the lying press - trying to frighten people into seeing things their way. There really is an enormous battle going on between the press and 'clear thinking people'. The press have for many years told things how they want the public to see things, which is far from objective reporting and miles away from the TRUTH ! The entire press is owned by a small handful of weird people who actually want to rule the world, without having to take any responsibility !

At Berkley University, where there has been much violence protesting against Trump's 'order ' TEMPORARILY STOPPING IMMIGRATION FROM 7 SPECIFIC MUSLIM COUNTRIES', when the students were asked 'which countries they were and why the ban was put in place ?' hardly anyone could name the countries and there was no understanding of why. Their only argument was that 'Trump is a Nazi Racist and MUST be stopped', most students questioned thought the ban was against ALL MUSLIMS, nothing could be further from the truth. And on this basis they destroy their own universities and towns, for me they are just hooligans and should be treated as such.

Now to your point: For hundreds of years europeans have lived and settled in each others countries 'EVEN DURING WARTIME' and so I see no reason to think much will change. One of my children was born here and if I were an immigrant beggar that would give my child German Nationality and so me, as immediate family, the right to remain here. Mass deportation is utterly unthinkable.

About 25 years ago I transferred all of my UK pension rights here and so am in line for my EU OAP shortly. Now quite how they will sort this out is very open to question and I and many others could loose a lot of lolly. Indeed if they argue for long enough they (the politicians on all sides) could perhaps try to starve us out. But as far as I can tell it seems to be the main aim of all governments to steal as much as possible from the poorest people and fill their own self esteem with propaganda and other peoples blood, sweat and tears, was it not always like that ?

Me, I feel very confirmed in my long standing opinion that much will go pear shaped and as I am still able to dig up my spuds and carrots, on a daily basis, we shall not go hungry :wink: .