Happy heart day

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Ian Neilson
Service Details: JLR Bovington 1961, A Squadron 14/20H Benghazi, Tripoli, UN Cyprus, Perham Down, Paderborn. Civvy Street for a while. Rejoined 1975 14/20H B Squadron Hereford, posted AAC Middle Wallop, Munster, Long Kesh NI, Munster, Omagh NI, Munster, Bovington 1980 demob.

Happy heart day

Postby Ian Neilson » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:53 pm

It is 10 years ago today that I underwent open heart surgery. I just want to wish myself happy heart day and to say I feel great even thouugh I have turned 70.
I would also like to thank all those comrades again, who wished me the best and support at that time.
At the moment I am on the Costa del Sol enjoying the sunshine.
Happy Christmas to all and a Happy New Year.
Ian Neilson

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Re: Happy heart day

Postby PINKY » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:28 pm

That's good to hear.
Southern Alberta is having 100kph winds, its -1 and snow is on the ground..........wanna swap?
All the best
Pinky

Hawk195
Service Details: 14th/20th Kings Hussars 1960 to 1973

Postby Hawk195 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi Ian

Good to hear you are feeling fit. Hope you and Margaret enjoy yourselves. Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

Tony
A word is enough for a wise man

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Postby Bill Bentley » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:22 am

Now that's a reason to celebrate if ever there was one !

We continue try to make the most of what is on offer but even the gardening is getting harder, not because of our age but because we have only had a couple of hours sunshine in over a month; it's either cloudy or foggy and far too warm for the time of year and hardly any rain.  Makes it difficult to know what to plant that can survive and so ensure our own survival.

I guess you Ian will be enjoying tropical fruits and ice cream while Pinky will be doing his best to keep his pinky from freezing, such is life.

By the way, it was a HAWK that asked first, there have been many queries since, no we were not at the xmas market last evening, all's well on the eastern front :wink:

Return to “General Chat”