Search found 52 matches

Return

by Bill Bentley
Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:12 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Visit to the King's Royal Hussars

Aliwell Barracks was my first posting with the regiment back in 1972, other former JL mates went straight to Hong Kong or Singapore, lucky beggars. Still others went straight to NI, not so lucky I guess. I realise that the old barracks has long since been replaced with a less characterful complex. N...
by Bill Bentley
Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Visit to the King's Royal Hussars

After seeing those photos and reading the text it certainly seems that everyone enjoyed themselves and with the price of the beer, I'll bet that a lot more will want to attend next time around.

Well done to the organizers and thanks to The Kings Royal Hussars for their kind hospitality.
by Bill Bentley
Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Baldwin

What a shock, although in regular contact he never once mentioned that he was worryingly ill. Quassi was a one off in many ways and I too shall miss him and his input on this site. RiP old friend. :(
by Bill Bentley
Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where has everybody gone

Hi xnsman, it seems that you also don't look in very often, Phil Baldwin passed away and so will be having trouble answering your questions. You are not the only one who misses his cool wit. I understand that most people are on facebook, which is not my world. I gave up talking to myself a long time...
by Bill Bentley
Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the somme

John, my grandfather was also in the Manchesters, joined at 16, fought for 3 years in many a scrap, then lost a leg at Ypres. We were never able to get any more details as the records were destroyed by the bombing of Manchester in WWII. Getting a ticket home (severe wound) was a lucky break as many ...
by Bill Bentley
Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brexit

Wow 27, that really is an anti European point of view. Just look at what they are saying about Turkey ! Well here endeth my p.c. sermon for the day. I am 100% behind your sentiment. How anybody can be willing to keep alive some of the scum that is in prison, while the health and education systems ar...
by Bill Bentley
Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Queensland meeting

Time and distance have no meaning when old Hawk's are a-teaming.

Good to see that flag is still drawing attention :D
by Bill Bentley
Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tony Blair

Arnie, you should go on the stage with such a well tuned back door humour, you could sell that plot to a comedian. If your book is going to be half as good I'll buy the first copy as long as you sign it for me. Yes Neil Pillock was another black spot in british politics and as you rightly say he mak...
by Bill Bentley
Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:31 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tony Blair

John, I don't want to take the spotlight off Blair, he deserves all of the critic that people have the balls to throw at him, but what is so bad about Mr Fart ? He wants to stop illegal immigration, especially from Mexico, which apparently will also make the import of illegal drugs much harder, and ...
by Bill Bentley
Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brian (Dutch) Holland RIP

What's going on up on the west coast ? My cousin Mark, same age, just streets away also died suddenly in the same week. Far too young, a great loss, both of you ! Odd how place names, which bring back so many fond memories, the roots of my mothers side of the family and dear friends and relations, n...
by Bill Bentley
Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where has everybody gone

Wow Mick, you wrote it all so quickly and, I am glad, proud to say that I knew 7 of the 9 names that you mentioned, dare I even say that one was a friend (not the sort of thing one normally says about RSM's ex-RSM's :lol: ). That said, your memory is slipping as at least one name is missing: Skip Ra...
by Bill Bentley
Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: An Update On The Regimental Museum In Lancashire (taken from the Regimental Newsletter)

Yes, just received the newsletter per e-mail and read this surprisingly very good news. No doubt there will be a lot to do just keeping the listed buildings in shape let alone running the museum(s). Wish I lived in the UK and could somehow lend a hand; best I can do will be to send a few bob to supp...
by Bill Bentley
Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:25 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: European Xmas

We are well, thanks for asking Rick,

still not heard from all of our friends and family but remain optimistic.

Here's wishing you and yours,
Arnie & Brenda and theirs, a safe and happy xmas and a peaceful New Year !
by Bill Bentley
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Major General Sir Michael Palmer KCVO

While I never had the good fortune to serve under General Palmer, on a one to one basis, I also feel the communal loss at his passing. Strangely I recall his name more so than the various Commanding Officers under whom I actually served. This is because when I joined the regiment in 1972 it was Colo...
by Bill Bentley
Fri May 05, 2017 7:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HANDOVER OF CHAIRMAN FROM PAUL, TO PETER FARRELL ( FERDY )

It's nice to see a few old names reappearing on this site, I was going a bit madder with every unanswered post ! Sorry to hear that Paul will be doing a bunk and buggering off to our old colony, there are other choices Paul, perhaps think again ! I guess you will have your reasons and so here is wis...

Adverts will never appear above this line.
Ignore them by all means, but using them might contribute to the cost of hosting this website.

Noah's Arc - 14th/20th King's... at easyfundraising.org.uk