Search found 45 matches

Return

by Bill Bentley
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rugby Shirts

Bob, my re-order of rugby shirts has arrived safely. Many thanks ! I am really pleased with the motive 'Hawk on Kukris' which is fantastic ! I am especially chuffed that I can now openly demonstrate my support of our little, loyal, brave, Gurkha brothers, especially at this moment when they are able...
by Bill Bentley
Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mr Max Simon

What a find, what a gem, take a tape recorder along to Medicina Bob, that will be more than living history ! Welcome indeed Max, now pull up a sandbag and tell us a story ... or three !
by Bill Bentley
Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Imperial War Museum

I have taken the liberty of borrowing this from another site because I hope it will be of interest to some: The GM League Reports that The Imperial War Museum Library is Under Threat One hundred years after the outbreak of the First World War, the Imperial War Museum is under threat. The Imperial Wa...
by Bill Bentley
Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forthcoming departure of another Hussar

Brian, what a smashing way to go about looking at the inevitable future. I hope that I will be up to it when my time comes. You were always a great example of how things should be done and I'm glad to see nothing has changed. It is unlikely that we shall ever meet again in this lifetime but there is...
by Bill Bentley
Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone for poetry ?

As a lad in my teens I joined the army most of my friends said I was quite balmy. At first, all I wanted was to drive cars so why did I join the Kings Hussars. I learned my trades on the Saladin and when she fired it made us grin. We also had other armoured cars, in the 14th/20th Kings Hussars. I me...
by Bill Bentley
Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

Excellent ! Very well done to all concerned in the planning and execution of this historical event. Not forgetting all of those who made it possible with their donations. Hussar ! That chap who pushed to the front of the massive crowd, to be the first stand on the stone, was his Aunty not well on th...
by Bill Bentley
Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Merry Christmas & a happy 2015 !

Like any other species, regardless of what we humans do it affects the environment in which we live. Just by breathing we all produce CO2. By eating and drinking we produce waste materials which pollute the air, the land and the waterways of our planet. Unlike wild animals our waste products are hea...
by Bill Bentley
Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quality has its price !

I have long wanted to upgrade my bino's, of particular interest was to be their ability to see well in poor light conditions. There are any number of so called 'Hunter Bino's' which range from 20 quid up to thousands of pounds ! My old knowledge was that a magnification of x 7 or x 8 was optimal, wi...
by Bill Bentley
Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: easy search

Thanks Brian & Bob,

so, no names, no pack drill, there you have it !
by Bill Bentley
Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:11 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mess-tin

As I rarely look in on the other sections of this site, I am obviously missing out on quite a lot, time, time, time ! Having just looked in on the Archive section I was amazed to see the article about the WWI Mess-tin. Thinking that others also don't look in on the other sections all that often, I h...
by Bill Bentley
Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:28 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sir Winston Churchill

Yesterday was the 50th aniversary of the funeral of Sir Winston Churchill. To me he will always be a hero, as a soldier and as a politician. Sure he made mistakes, but those who don't make mistakes will never make anything. Mistakes are a part of gaining experience. At the end of the day it is the s...
by Bill Bentley
Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just To Say......

Hi Dave, sorry to hear about your predicament, it's inspiring to see how people like you, DRAC, Dutch and a few others handle your circumstances, realistically and without moaning about it. Thanks for sharing and good luck ! I have tried this before and nobody wanted to hear what I was saying but ba...
by Bill Bentley
Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Rick Aindow

Everything being up-side-down at your end ... do you get younger with each passing year ? Happy birthday Rick ! By the way, that wasn't you driving that car (SUV) on the world news last week was it ? When the gunmen, on the run, tried to stop a getaway car on the mototway and the one driver just bow...
by Bill Bentley
Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Members only

Sounds like a good idea to me as much of what is said is of little interest to outsiders and our family squabbles can be kept more private. Also, when I log on I am always curious to note that 5, 10, and often 15 other people are 'online' but I'm usually the only bugger named. The NSA won't have to ...
by Bill Bentley
Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Future of Home Headquarters (North)

I have been holding my breath on this subject, waiting to read what those who were involved in the amalgamation would write. What strikes me is that everyone seems to have swallowed their feelings and come up with accepting the reality of that what was always inevitable. It also seems obvious that t...

Adverts will never appear above this line.
Ignore them by all means, but using them might contribute to the cost of hosting this website.

Noah's Arc - 14th/20th King's... at easyfundraising.org.uk