Search found 52 matches

Return

by Bill Bentley
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MAX SIMON

Bob,

what luck you had, getting things 'first hand' from a person of Max's calibre. After all of his adventures it is remarkable that he lived to be 94. May he now rest in peace, job done !
by Bill Bentley
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:01 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kipling, Europe and Brexit

On the two Tony's, Tony Binns, I think that you have it pretty well summed up, as far as anyone can read between the lines. The biggest problem is our own people, everyone wants immediate results but that's hardly ever realistic. Being a self-sufficiency farmer I am well aware that you reap what you...
by Bill Bentley
Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There but not there

27, that's what I was thinking, a couple of Guidon Sgt. Majors, smart as 10 ! With sabers to fillet any undesirables ... that's why I am wary of attending ... somebody might recognize me :wink: . Anyway, which of us would fit into our old Nr. 1's ? Tony, that would be nice, you know how to reach me ...
by Bill Bentley
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steven Hughes

Thanks so much Rick, Rory has made contact and I have now been able to invite him to the 'Service of Thanksgiving' which will be held in the Falklands Chapel in Pangbourne. It's a great piece of detective work that you have done for me/us and we are most grateful ! Yet again, it just goes to show ho...
by Bill Bentley
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bless you Rick, it is important to remember ! You are right I don't do facebook etc.. Thanks for the other link. Looking at the few battlefield pictures reminds me of how bare arsed the landscape is, better tank country than for us infantry. As one can see, the rubbish always just gets left behind. ...
by Bill Bentley
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The big tour

We have just returned from our final test tour before setting off on our big tour. We are driving our Kia Sorento, 2,5 liter turbo diesel 4x4 and pulling a Hobby 495UL caravan. We have had this car for some years and are very satisfied and confident that it is as good a towing car as you can get. (W...
by Bill Bentley
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi guys, I've been very busy of late, not least in doing the right thing for my old buddy Steve. On Friday I read the following Tribute, which I had also written, in the Falklands Chapel in Pangbourne College. There were at least five generals and almost 200 of our 2 Para comrades, not all of whom w...

Adverts will never appear above this line.
Ignore them by all means, but using them might contribute to the cost of hosting this website.

Noah's Arc - 14th/20th King's... at easyfundraising.org.uk